How fast will the Gen3 be?

I could be wrong of course.
In the test below, the new gixxer had 20 less ponies than the Aprillia, but torque at lower RPM still gave it the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile and it beat everything in a straight line.

As a former Drag racer most hp / tq do not always produce best 1/4 ET .

10.004 @ 136 mph on a 131 hp 85 tq zrx

Same zrx with 148.x hp 87 tq best run
10.17 @ 148 mph

Bike weight / rider same . With more power the bike in SWB form became extremely wheelie prone in first two gears . This hurt 60 foot times , and 300 feet .
Pulled hard on big end but not enough to compensate for loss @ start .

I imagine the gen 3 might squeeze a tenth faster stock with its rider aids helping produce a quicker start or 60 foot time then pulling hard on big end once out of 2nd gear.

It should do 55mph with little to no problem....LOL!

Seriously, there is no reason it shouldn't be as fast or a bit faster than the previous generations...until the tuners get hold of it....I figure once it's uncorked it should be be a barn burner.

As a former Drag racer most hp / tq do not always produce best 1/4 ET .

10.004 @ 136 mph on a 131 hp 85 tq zrx

Same zrx with 148.x hp 87 tq best run
10.17 @ 148 mph

Bike weight / rider same . With more power the bike in SWB form became extremely wheelie prone in first two gears . This hurt 60 foot times , and 300 feet .
Pulled hard on big end but not enough to compensate for loss @ start .

I imagine the gen 3 might squeeze a tenth faster stock with its rider aids helping produce a quicker start or 60 foot time then pulling hard on big end once out of 2nd gear.
Good points!!

I think nowadays though, with the electronics managing the hp to the back wheel, they can give less where it is a problem and more where it is needed. Once past 300 ft, giving more can make a big difference.

Reactions: c10
A ten flat quarter doesn’t seem like much of an improvement considering my 40 year old CBX turned the quarter in 11.36 @ 117.95 mph. Top end was around 140 and the hp was far less than a Hayabusa.

I wouldn't rely on Wikipedia for anything factual personally.

Suzuki has already said it's the fastest and most aerodynamic Hayabusa yet... 0-60, 1/8-mile, and time to top speed. Peek numbers aside, the bike will be an improvement in everyway IMO.

I dont seeing it being any different than the g2.
Those numbers are for only an exhaust....a gen 2 doesn't make that number with only an exhaust and the rev range appears to be smoother as well.

I guess we will have to await the tuners to see what they make out of it.

I know with a full system, filter, Bazzaz and professional tune my bike made 186 at the tire which is less than the gen 3 with only a pipe.

stock tune in crazy heat this guy just ran 9.3@154 with just race fuel. Link below...

Busa 1/4 Mile
Moore Mafia...this video has been referenced several times...he's already done quite a bit to his bike with lots to go...it'll be pretty purpose-built once it's done I reckon....

The gen 3 has already cemented it's place in motorcycle history right beside it's relatives (gen 1 and 2)

Test from Spain Magazine
Motociclismo 1 julio 2021.jpg

Gen3 Spaanse Test 296kmh in 5e.JPG

Moore Mafia...this video has been referenced several times...he's already done quite a bit to his bike with lots to go...it'll be pretty purpose-built once it's done I reckon....

The gen 3 has already cemented it's place in motorcycle history right beside it's relatives (gen 1 and 2)
I don't know...from what Ive seen so far, he's done the basic mods and the bikes OEM fuel management system is doing a decent job of maintaining a good AFR but his Gen3 is still doing about 185ish which is what I'd expect from a Gen2. I don't think he's going to gain a whole lot from a dyno tune. I think turbo is going to be more reliable with the Gen3 but naturally aspirated the Gen2 and 3 will be close to the same.

I don't know...from what Ive seen so far, he's done the basic mods and the bikes OEM fuel management system is doing a decent job of maintaining a good AFR but his Gen3 is still doing about 185ish which is what I'd expect from a Gen2. I don't think he's going to gain a whole lot from a dyno tune. I think turbo is going to be more reliable with the Gen3 but naturally aspirated the Gen2 and 3 will be close to the same.
He has junked complete rear caliper , the hanger and disc , and one front caliper / disc and then race fuel . I reckon it will run a high 8 second when he has ECU tuned it , with him on board of course . That means , roughly equal to his ZX14R he races with full brakes and steel pipe .

He has junked complete rear caliper , the hanger and disc , and one front caliper / disc and then race fuel . I reckon it will run a high 8 second when he has ECU tuned it , with him on board of course . That means , roughly equal to his ZX14R he races with full brakes and steel pipe .
If it were very close to the 14R's horsepower right now, I'd think it could beat it with some tuning. I won't mind eating my words if the Gen3 busa does end up being the faster and more powerful bike but that looks doubtful. I don't know that most of us wouldn't know the difference anyway. Some people describe the improvement of the 14R over the Gen1 ZX-14 as being "subtle." There's a lot more to it than just horsepower.

Back