I rode an 05 GSXR-1000 today

Big Sloppy

Donating Member
Registered
I dropped the busa off around 9:30am this morning at my buddies Suzuki dealership for some minor maintenence. So he kindly let me take a new gsxr 1000 for the day until mine is finished. My first thought was DAMN! this thing is tiny! See I'm 6'5" about 265lbs and when I threw my leg over and took a seat I realized the top of my knees were flush with the top of the gas tank. So right away I'm thinking this is going to be "real comfy" Speaking of which the seat is a whole other issue. I think suzuki found the flatest rocks that they could find and threw some vinyl over them because those mugs are HARD! So I pull out of the dealership and get on the highway when I have my second thought, DAMN, this thing is light! It's nice to know that if I was to break down I could throw this thing over my shoulder and walk it to the nearest garage. Even with my big tail on it I felt with the right breeze it would blow me off the road. Halfway through my trip I started messing with the throttle which led me to my third thought, DAMN,this thing is fast! I was in 4th gear doing around 100 when I dropped into third and goosed it. That front wheel came up like it was nothing! I probably could've been doing around 150 and still got it up! Needless to say it's a fun little bike, and definitely would feel right at home on the track. But as far as any riders of "girth" or putting on anymore then 1000 miles at a time this is not the bike, but thats just my .02. Me and my fat ass can't wait to get the busa back tonight.

BS

I have read and heard that those GSXR1000's are extremely fast and light. Perfect Track Piece. Thanks.:)

But as far as any riders of "girth" or putting on anymore then 1000 miles at a time this is not the bike, but thats just my .02.  Me and my fat ass can't wait to get the busa back tonight.

BS
that should read "putting on anymore than 100 miles at a time"

It's early, it's monday, give me a break.

BS

I'm 6'4' and 200 lbs. and my 05 LE Busa is collecting dust while I whip the little Gixxer on daily rides! I dearly love the new gixxer. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be without my busa either but if I had to choose between the two, it's the gixxer hands down for an everyday play bike!

But as far as any riders of "girth" or putting on anymore then 1000 miles at a time this is not the bike, but thats just my .02.  Me and my fat ass can't wait to get the busa back tonight.

BS
that should read "putting on anymore than 100 miles at a time"

It's early, it's monday, give me a break.

BS
I'd have to agree with that statement after riding any supersport class bike. ESPECIALLY the narrow seat on the Giggy's.

It's made to go from point A to point B really fast. Not made for comfort in the slightest. Someone else mentioned you have to have a titanium azz to ride those for long periods.....they weren't kidding.

I would kill to have a 1K. I think it would be the perfect machine for the short blasts as well as an awesome track weapon...........now I just gotta figure out how to talk my better half into it.........
lets see, if I give her the green light for the bathroom remodel...............:p

Nice to have buddies that will let you take new bikes like that. I'd like to try one out one of these days!

I would love to ride an '05 Gixxer. It was the other choice besides the 'Busa. I rode an '04 before and it rocked. I guess the 'Busa suited me better for me being such a big guy, and it almosts prevents me from doing stupid stunts.

My brother just recently got an 04 GSXR 750 and I can't believe how much more uncomfortable it feels to me now that I have the Busa. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

The next time I buy new I'll have to remember this and request one "out of the box" only or with zero to one mile on the odom. .
tounge.gif

I'm 6'4' and 200 lbs. and my 05 LE Busa is collecting dust while I whip the little Gixxer on daily rides! I dearly love the new gixxer. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be without my busa either but if I had to choose between the two, it's the gixxer hands down for an everyday play bike!
Though I suppose a guy should master the Busa in cornering before stepping up to such a squirly bike, dont you think?

Do you think it takes more or less skill to handle the Gixxer 1K verses a Busa?

Even if you said the Gixxer was easier , still then mastering the Busa would only make riding the Gixxer hard a much easier task, you might even be able to appreciate it more than alot of other people.

Ive heard of alot of guys wanting to step away from their liter bikes , maybe because they are afraid, maybe because they are tired of not being able to use the bikes powerband often..some want to or have stepped down to a 600.

My guess is if a guy was good enough that he would love a Gixxer 1K, maybe tweak it out some to make it even better handling.

Oh and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if you decided to bring the Gixxer 1K along for the Lolo pass trip, I could relieve you of your sore butt every now and again by trading you bikes.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I personally think it takes more skill to handle the Gixxer's powerband of acceleration at lower speeds. Like say 0- 100mph, due to it's light body and tendency to pop up alot
everytime you crack a gear and goose it.

On the flipside, it takes alot more skill to handle the Busa
in turns due to it's weight. It also takes alot more skill to
wheelie and control it on the Busa VS a lighter liter bike.

The Busa rides like a Cadillac next to the Gixxer. No worries about poppin up everytime you goose it.

So you can't say it takes more skill overall to handle one over the other. They are for totally different purposes and both have their strong points. If stunts is what you're after, the Gixxer is the way to go. If luxury and speed is what you want, the Busa is the way to go.

On a side note, may same buddy who owns the shop is doing a raffle for a brand new gsxr-1000. Tickets are $20.00 a piece and he has 500 to sell. They're doing the drawing on Sat July 2nd. I asked him yesterday how many tickets he sold, and he said that they only sold 1!! Needless to say I bought 10. So I might be getting a new gixxer on the 2nd of July. Cross your fingers for me!!!

smile.gif

I personally think it takes more skill to handle the Gixxer's powerband of acceleration at lower speeds. Like say 0- 100mph, due to it's light body and tendency to pop up alot
everytime you crack a gear and goose it.

On the flipside, it takes alot more skill to handle the Busa
in turns due to it's weight. It also takes alot more skill to
wheelie and control it on the Busa VS a lighter liter bike.

The Busa rides like a Cadillac next to the Gixxer. No worries about poppin up everytime you goose it.

So you can't say it takes more skill overall to handle one over the other. They are for totally different purposes and both have their strong points. If stunts is what you're after, the Gixxer is the way to go. If luxury and speed is what you want, the Busa is the way to go.
I agree, not to mention the weight and wheel base of the busa allow for more mistakes on take off without as violent a loop job as the 1k.

Looks like the 1k fits more your style of riding. I bet it's a ton of fun too!

On a side note, may same buddy who owns the shop is doing a raffle for a brand new gsxr-1000.  Tickets are $20.00 a piece and he has 500 to sell.  They're doing the drawing on Sat July 2nd.  I asked him yesterday how many tickets he sold, and he said that they only sold 1!!  Needless to say I bought 10.  So I might be getting a new gixxer on the 2nd of July.  Cross your fingers for me!!!

smile.gif
hey man, hook a brother up!!!! where do i send my payment?

Back