Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my 08 busa ecu tuned!

gsx1300rr

Registered
My 08 Busa is ready to ride.

Engine:
Carillo H-Beam Rods w/SPS Carr Bolts
Wossner Turbo Pistons 9:1
ARP Head Studs
Stainless Steel Valves & Heavy Duty Valve Springs
New OEM Bearings
Built Transmission
APE Heavy Duty Clutch Springs
RCC Turbo & HKS SSQV BOV

Rick from Ricks Custom Cycle did the whole engine build/turbo install and I had it ECU tuned by Ryan Schnitz yesterday.

The bike runs very well, no hiccups anywhere. Not to sound like a HP snob, but I am a kinda disappointed with the dyno numbers. I used a .8 Bar which should produce about 11.6 PSI, but both the boost gauge & dyno only showed 10psi. I thought for sure I would be in the 300hp range. Ryan thinks the lower compression pistons are the main reason it didn't break 300hp. The 12.5:1 to 9:1 compression drops hp a lot more then I thought, along with the fact that its freshly built new motor and he thinks it will make more power as it breaks in.
With the 4psi spring the bike actually made 1 less hp then when it had the Titanium TiForce exhaust haha.

I took it for a test drive and 267hp/150 torque was a lot of fun! It was quick in the low rpms (def did not feel like it had the torque it used to down low.) It started to make boost around 5-6K then it really flew! I didn't get a big chance to really test it, just a couple blocks and I never got out of 2nd gear. Ican't wait for the weather to get a little nicer to tinker with it more.

Youtube vid of the last dyno pull of the day
- 08 RCC Turbo busa on Schnitz Dyno[/url]

matt 2.jpg

matt1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one we did in house at 10 psi, also low comp. 9:1 motor

2008stage110psi.jpg

Richard

Here is one we did in house at 10 psi, also low comp. 9:1 motor

2008stage110psi.jpg

Richard

Dang, mine is about 26hp less... any thoughts? I know some dyno's read differently but that still seems like quite a bit of difference

i dont remember exact number, but i think 10 psi was 280 ish on my bike as well

4 psi / 6 psi / 8 psi / 10-11 psi

4psi.jpg

7psi.jpg

8psi.jpg

10-11psi.jpg

Very nice numbers and break down of the boost level differences!:thumbsup: Nice looking power curve too.... not peaky!:bowdown: Just a smooth looking curve!:cheerleader: Must be a very fun ride!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the replys! It looks like I'm right on target. I only got to ride it for about 5 minutes around town, (we were in a little hurry) my buddy that went with me picked up a 05 gsxr 1000 the same day. I can't wait to really experiment with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

rember greg your bike also has stock pistons in it witch puts it at about 10:5 to 1 c/r .
looks good matt have fun with it.

Thanks Rick, I'm sure it will be a ton of fun. I had no idea lingenfelter
Posted via Mobile Device

rember greg your bike also has stock pistons in it witch puts it at about 10:5 to 1 c/r .
looks good matt have fun with it.

Thanks Rick, I'm sure it will be a ton of fun. I had no idea Lingenfelter was right down the road, I had to take a drive over there and check out their shop. To bad they aren't open on Sundays lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom