Knocking/clicking noise

Yellow06busa

Registered
My busa is making some noise ab 300 miles after my rebuild I did a lot of work to it 1397 12-1 etc etc I think it’s an exhaust leak but I’m worried it’s cam noise what do you guys think

Audio sounds more like a "wobble" than a hard knock so I would also check for an exhaust/air leak. Spray around like Wuzza advised or hover your hand around the pipes so long as it's not hot.

I would pull the fairings off and raise the tank just so you could pinpoint it better. Let us know when you find out!

I use one of these….
Awesome for detecting unusual noises and the location of said noises.
Lisle 52750 Stethoscope Kit, for Mechanical and Air Induced Sounds

I have the same one, I pull the end out and that gives me a vacuum hose in both ears. I recommend the vacuum hose trick because most don’t have an automotive stethoscope like we do. They definitely come in handy.
Funny you say that about pulling the end out…I do the same lol, then I can home in on the location of the noise I’m hunting down.
I’ve always used one of these while working with cars, but when I started at a bike workshop and pulled it, I got laughed at by the other techs… they’d never seen one.
They called me ‘the doctor’ lmao.

Funny you say that about pulling the end out…I do the same lol, then I can home in on the location of the noise I’m hunting down.
I’ve always used one of these while working with cars, but when I started at a bike workshop and pulled it, I got laughed at by the other techs… they’d never seen one.
They called me ‘the doctor’ lmao.
Lol I’ve had that same reaction out of people when I put it around my neck.

My dad used a giant screwdriver to pinpoint alternator, water pump, power steering pump etc noises, he would put his thumb over the handle end and put his thumb knuckle in his ear and the flat end of the screwdriver against where he thought the noise was coming from. I’ve done it and it works lol. Of course that was way back before he bought a couple stethoscopes for us, I still have my original one from 40+ years ago.

Lol I’ve had that same reaction out of people when I put it around my neck.

My dad used a giant screwdriver to pinpoint alternator, water pump, power steering pump etc noises, he would put his thumb over the handle end and put his thumb knuckle in his ear and the flat end of the screwdriver against where he thought the noise was coming from. I’ve done it and it works lol. Of course that was way back before he bought a couple stethoscopes for us, I still have my original one from 40+ years ago.
My dad did that as well and 99% of the time he was accurate and found the source of the noise...

Back