Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life regrets...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
First and foremost, this isn't a "Feel bad for me" thread. I just hope if someone is having a rough time in life, maybe they'll read these and see they aren't the only ones with problems or regrets... possibly the same as what someone else is having. I saw this started on another board, and thought it might be a neat idea. Now, onto the post.

I've made some mistakes, but I've learned ALOT from them, and I see most stuff as happening for a reason. I do regret primering my truck, cause now no one wants to buy it, and I HAVE to sell it so I can go to school. I also regret having given my cell phone # to one of my best friends Boyfriends at the time... Cause they broke up 2 weeks later and the dude went nuts. Plus, the call I recieved one morning from him that woke me up to him crying about her breaking up with him really set him on my bad side...

The main regret I have though, beside primering my truck, is making out with my second GF, cause we weren't meant to be and broke up 1 mth after getting together. I've since become basicly family to her family, as they have me over ALL the time and even to family reunions. And, unfortunately, I have a thing for her sister who is my best friend, and pretty well vice versa, but her dating me is kinda wierd to her knowing the past with her sister. That sucks, as she's the only person I've known I actually have so much in common with and our personalitys click so well... Shoot, I even got her addicted to motorcycle rides.

Okay, enough of my post/life rant... onto other people

I regret not starting riding motorcycles 40 years earlier...

About 2 years ago I broke up with my GF at the time to date the current GF. Maybe it was "grass is always greener syndrome". Maybe I thought I liked the new GF more. Maybe, (Most Likely), I'd found someone I could be with a long time and felt I wasn't ready for commitment. Anyway...... 2 Years later, me and the ex are best friends. I want nothing more than to be with her again. And I'm very sure that's not a possibility. So the current GF is sort of a consolation prize. And sadly, "You're my silver medal" doesn't go over very well.

Not buying 2 05 Le's when I got the first one. I realy want a zero mile 07 now before I can not find them. Then I can be a 2 bike family.
beerchug.gif

I don't have any regrets, really. A couple of minor ones.

I've been told that people generally don't ever die regretting what they DID do but they do die regretting what they did NOT do.

Several years ago, I decided I wasn't going to die full of regrets. I think I can safely say that I have very very few at this point.

The biggest one is not having learned a second and third language. I can still rectify that, I think.

--Wag--

Sometimes I really wish I'd stayed at VA Tech and finished up college there...wonder what path I'd be on now...that's such a trivial regret, but it's really the only recurring one that I think I have...

HOWEVER, I look at what I have now, what path my life took by going to a different university when I was more mature and willing to work to get through, I have 2 beautiful kids, a husband, a home, my health and about 85% of my sanity which is pretty good nowadays...I can't complain and when ever I think I can, I think about how little so many have, how many children grow up in horrible conditions, mistreated by those they trust, I think of parents with sick children or those just finding out they have cancer...I could go on and on, but my point is that there will always be someone suffering way more than myself, so it's best to focus on all that I HAVE that's good and hope to keep the bad stuff away...enjoy the ride in between
smile.gif

1-Not finishing college. Getting a degree in the medical field would have made job more pleasant. I would have been doing something I like, instead of driving the bus around in NYC.

2-Not telling my cousin how much I love her before she passed on many years ago. From her death, I learned if U love someone, let them know. Doesnt matter if is a man or woman.

3-Not smoking a joint (just to see if I missed anything). I was such a goody boy back then. Now Im a good kid gone bad, riding a Busa. Since Im a NYC bus driver, weed is out of the question. Guess will have to wait for retirement, then I will roll a BIG PHAT BLUNT!

And last but not forgotten, marrying my ex-loser, I meant wife. In life, if U have doubt, DONT DO IT! Listen to your heart. Im 40 now (divorced 10yrs) and finally met a great lady. Honestly, I find it too good to be true. I feel there's a punch line thats coming soon. Only time will tell.

Top Bottom