Lowering a Gen 3

no chrome

Registered
I've lowered every bike I've ever owned and a want to lower my '22 down by 1".
The rear is pretty straightforward.
The front is a different story.
Any tips on what I need? ...or is there a kit?

Reactions: pcs
Several guys have already added a riser/spacer under the top-plate on their gen3's, and it is a gen3 specific part.
But that spacer also gives you the option to slide the fork tubes up in the triple-clamps, which lowers the front.
If you have a front forklift style stand(lifts under lower triple clamp) it's an easy job.

Lowering the rear is not straight forward at all. And can't find any good info about how to do it with out taking out the complete exhaust system.

I have a full motorcycle lift and stand to do the mod.
Can you direct me to a part number?
brocks has the handle bars with a larger hole to allow the forks to slide through to lower the front. those are nice bc they keep the factory look. some companies sell spacers but those arent for me. you can buy a whole triple assembly from alif, k factory, agras, over speed, etc. dme, 1 stop, sell drag race “skeleton” triples and remove the key mount, are lightweight, but u have run and triple handle bar mount like from votex or woodcraft. you can also buy a gen 2 upper triple clamp and use with 7/8 bars. depending on the upper clamp and bars you choose, you could have clearance issues with the inner plastic around the cluster if you are using the huge factory master cylinders. im running a gen 2 roaring toys with gen 2 knock off heli offset bars for now. if you search i posted some pics of installation on site. lots of options.

IMG_9676.jpeg

Lowering the rear is not straight forward at all. And can't find any good info about how to do it with out taking out the complete exhaust system.

It’s been a minute since I’ve had a full stock exhaust, but you can put these on with ease. At most you’d have to remove the left hand muffler tiger the bolt to slide out. I have my rear lowered with these and love them.

AE3F47E7-5F8A-45C1-A2C2-D7FB98B1D451.jpeg

It’s been a minute since I’ve had a full stock exhaust, but you can put these on with ease. At most you’d have to remove the left hand muffler tiger the bolt to slide out. I have my rear lowered with these and love them.

View attachment 1667775

How much is the front & rear lowered ?

Back