Mid Pipe

LBSRACING

Registered
Are there any high quality options out there to keep dual exhaust but eliminate the mid pipe cat underneath? I already have M4 slip ons and love the way they look just would like it to be a little bit louder lol. Maybe I'm just crazy but don't see but like two options for headers that are not full exhaust kits that go to one muffler and even those don't have great reviews. I have considered buying a stock header and taking to muffler shop to have something made but don't want to hassle with it if I don't have to.

The header to the main cat all the way to the piping is all welded. Only the mufflers with their built-in cats are removable. You want no cats, you gotta go full system.

I get its welded. Just blows my mind no one makes a x or h pipe that can replace it. IE cut the oem one off and install aftermarket with clamps or weld back into place. I dont mind a full system either but want to retail dual exhaust as I think it looks better. Which options seem to be slim to none for that other than the Europe companies header and reviews are not great on them.

I get its welded. Just blows my mind no one makes a x or h pipe that can replace it. IE cut the oem one off and install aftermarket with clamps or weld back into place. I dont mind a full system either but want to retail dual exhaust as I think it looks better. Which options seem to be slim to none for that other than the Europe companies header and reviews are not great on them.

There was, but I just looked on ebay and amazon, and no longer see them.
You cut the cat off, and the new H pipe slid over the header tube.
The H pipe's tube ends had relife cuts, so they had room to tighten, and the kits came with large and wide band clamps.
These were around for many years for the gen2, and I saw them for the Gen3's a few months after they were released.
The listings were confirmed by actual Gen2 and Gen3 pictures(seperate parts, not compatible).
They were around $100
I know this doesn't help much in your search, but I can confirm that they Do exhist.
My guess is that they are not allowed to be sold or listed in many places now due to more Epa rules.
But, never know what turns up on Marketplace or Craigslist either.
People tend to sell oem headers cheap, or give them away if they get a full exhaust.

This is what you're looking for. Might as well get a whole system once you buy this and proper slip-ons...

I already have the slip ons and really like them. This is why I'm trying to find an easy solution. Am I missing who makes a full dual exhaust kit? I may see if I can make that x pipe work though. Good thing is stock headers are cheap if i mess one up lol.

Reactions: pcs
I think Yoshimura does, but it's stupid expensive. Might be cheaper and easier to have an exhaust shop fab something up as well.

Gutted cats will kill low rpm, you will literally feel hesitation every time you get on the throttle, you will feel the now empty box pressurize, and power suddenly return.
There is better high rpm flow, and noticeably lower temperatures around your feet, but not worth the lag it causes.
If you are going to do your own H or X pipe, or even inside the cat box, it should work well.

Back