MotoGP 2024

Watched the sprint today on the TRU channel and learned that the GP race tomorrow will be broadcasted on the TBS channel. WTH? Last year all the races were on one channel, NBCSports, no sprints were televised at least on my DISH. Formula 1 has does that in the past, sometimes on one channel and sometimes another. Gotta pay attention! :D

That was one heck of a race! No spoilers for those who havent watched it yet.
Can’t say no spoilers. Everyone should know by now that on race day we can talk about anything. After a disastrous start from Pole no less and, after winning the sprint race yesterday, Mav rides possessed from what, 11th? to win! By the 1st corner Mav was back to 4th and it only got worse from there until, he lit the burners. Some attrition ahead of him also helped but his late braking and ability in the corners allowed him to overtake and stay ahead of the slightly faster Ducatis. MM was completely predictable and (while out in front) pushed more than he should and lost the front and slid out. He could’ve easily won the race. And young Acosta was indeed having a good time out there as was Bastianini. The concentration these pilots have to have is incredible. What a rarefied profession!

Just reading Marquez description of what led to his crash while leading! Can you imagine having to Pump the brakes 3-4 times every corner especially when coming down from 215mph? Yikes.

If I'm being honest I have been a little slow to jump on the Pedro Acosta bandwagon, but I will go ahead and say it, this kid is for real! Knee deep in the championship battle, surrounded by the best Ducati (ne the world!) can muster and he is giving them all they can handle! And he is a Kevin Schwantz fan!!! If KTM haven't already torn up his Gas Gas contract and stuck a new one in front of him for a factory ride for life they are missing the boat, because others surely are doing so as I type this.

And while I am eating crow, Big props to Maverick! When he intentionally grenaded his Yamaha in Austria a few years ago (and getting fired for it!) I would have been happy to see him leave the sport forever! Still think it was a dumb move, but with Lin Jarvis running that clown show at Yamaha, I get it! He has well and truly reinvented himself at Aprilia, and he's on a streak now! Been hearing that Aprilia are actively pursuing Enea Bastianini for next year. Could be an interesting combo, though I am not sure where that leaves Aleix? The possible permutations in the upcoming rider market are just crazy! Time to purge a bunch of dead wood from the class and bring in some more like Acosta to keep the show rolling!

Mav rides possessed from what, 11th? to win!
It was a Legend of a ride!!! I was also sad to see MM go down after a really great ride up to that point. Mav is on another level at the moment. I hope he can continue this. Historically he has been fast at the end of the race but suffered from poor qualifying and starts. I think the start this time was an exception but man I'm kinda pumped on MotoGP now. Acosta has to be the next big thing. That kid has some great lines and speed.

The Aero war continues. Lorenzo Salvadorri's Aprilia today in Jerez.
1714134704902.png

Man that sprint race today was crazy! Binder riding like a human wrecking ball the first few laps, half the field crashed out, wet patches magically popping up on the racing line mid race. Fabio went from 23rd to the podium partly due to lots of attrition, Mir even put a Honda in the top 10! Hope for a dry track for tomorrows race!
1714227144918.png

Back