Need tire advice

cbegf

Registered
I'm running oem bt56's and i scrubbed the front tire right off(guessing from highspeed corners on the highway) and my rear tire is gone after 2300 miles. My ? is I have a passenger most of the time, I like highspeed corners, and i'm looking for a good mileage tire, what should i be using? I'm thinking about trying the Metzler Roadtec Z6 or Dunlop D616. anything can help. thank you,

Cody

Avon Storms. I love them. I got rid of the chicken strips after about 200 miles. From now on, these are my tires of choice.

Avon Storms as well.. and no squirms for me.. feels real nice, But Rossi I'm not.
laugh.gif

Riding with a passenger most of the time and long lasting tires are not common. You have to give up one for the other. Avon Storms seem to do well on FJR's which are heavier bikes. BT021s also do well with the extra weight. Both stick pretty well on corners as long as you're not trying to rail it with your passenger onboard. If you do that it would be worth getting a more sticky tire with less mileage to increase the grip while cornering.

Storms here as well. Over 3K miles mostly 2up and still have 1/2 tread left. I ran Pilot Powers before the Storms and the Storms do require a little more warm up but stick very well.

on my first set of BT021 myself... the $240 delivered was a deciding factor over my usual Corsa3 (over $300 right now)

Hands down the only tire I will ever run again. Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. Well worth the money!!!
cool.gif

3000 miles on BT-021s and no problems. Plenty of tread left. Dragged saddle bags on route 33 between WV and Va. with passenger on board. Tires never missed a beat, although neither did my passenger with the flogging that quickly ensued.

So far, no slippage or anything like that. I just haven't had a chance to post some pics of them mounted. One of these days I will. I got them mounted Wednesday before Memorial Day weekend and rode for over 800 miles that holiday weekend with no problems at all. Twisties, fast sweepers, I loved it. I remember going "yyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh wwwwwwwoooohhhhhhhoooooo" on a fast right hander at over 90 mph and the bike felt like it was riding on rails.

Lot's of front tire cupping with continetal road attacks and also with Pilot powers.
Rears on both of them are great though.
Do the fronts on teh 2CT's or the Avon Storms cup
rock.gif

I have heard good things about the Corsa III's and will probabley try them next.

Do the fronts on teh 2CT's or the Avon Storms cup
rock.gif
I had some mild upping with power front as well. 3200 miles on the Storm set and front looks like it did new. I really like these tires. Smooth and stable at speed and the wife says rides much smoother on the bak as well.

I love the BT-021's I put on in Feb. The did great at the bash and Juli was giving more of hard time in the twisties than the tires did. They felt great. Yo Randy, you will love them. They did awesome on the Dragon too!
beerchug.gif

Back