New Bking proud owner

dogo1488

Registered
Hello all. I am proud to became a member here and share with you all my new baby.
The PO did a great job with upgrades on the bike. I am located in Miami, FL and I would love meet member in the area and ride together, help each other or just talk bikes. She shares the garage with some other girls like an 09 Vmax, 04 RC51 and some other (chopper, XR, GL500, Sportster and other).
I will be create another post sharing an issue I found yesterday after taking her cloth off.
Ride safe guys
20240115_095620.jpg

20240112_184536.jpg

20240112_184540.jpg

Welcome,

Great looking steed.....I love those BKings.....

Sounds like you have your hands full with all the others in your stable.....

Love those V Maxes as well.....

mad max GIF

Welcome,

Great looking steed.....I love those BKings.....

Sounds like you have your hands full with all the others in your stable.....

Love those V Maxes as well.I
I hate to admit it but getting a little tired about keeping up with them.....but these 2 are staying....well 3.....4.....lol

I hate to admit it but getting a little tired about keeping up with them.....but these 2 are staying....well 3.....4.....lol
I was there at one point with over 6 bikes in the garage......I got rid of them all and went down to one and almost took a breath of relief by doing so....

I hated seeing those bikes all sitting unused or used very little.....

I did like taking a chair and sitting in the middle of them from time to time though.....

I was there at one point with over 6 bikes in the garage......I got rid of them all and went down to one and almost took a breath of relief by doing so....

I hated seeing those bikes all sitting unused or used very little.....

I did like taking a chair and sitting in the middle of them from time to time though.....
A great GL500 resto mechanic friend of mine with a lot of experience told me something a week ago "That is why I never have more than 3" and I am getting to that point....lol. Experience....

Back in 2007 running back to back 10.33’s I’m not sure I expected to be riding it over 16 years later though !

View attachment 1679013

My 79 CBX ran just a second slower at 11.32. My 70 CB750 bored to 852cc, jetted with baffles removed from the OEM pipes turned a 12.22 quarter. My ‘slick” was a recently bald Dunlop K81 TT tube type tire with 12 psi. I’m sure that each bike would’ve been almost a second quicker with a 130 pound rider. I was 200+. I’ve never tried a timed run on the Busa.

My 79 CBX ran just a second slower at 11.32. My 70 CB750 bored to 852cc, jetted with baffles removed from the OEM pipes turned a 12.22 quarter. My ‘slick” was a recently bald Dunlop K81 TT tube type tire with 12 psi. I’m sure that each bike would’ve been almost a second quicker with a 130 pound rider. I was 200+. I’ve never tried a timed run on the Busa.
Yeah, my times aren’t remarkable, but for an old bloke out of practice on totally stock bike out of the crate just run in, in full street trim, 36-38psi tyres, no burnout etc they aren’t too bad.

A local girl Bec had an identical bike there in the same spec and ran a 9.9.

A amateur rider on a stock naked bike running in the 9’s 16 years ago would still put a few current bikes and riders to shame.

Yeah, my times aren’t remarkable, but for an old bloke out of practice on totally stock bike out of the crate just run in, in full street trim, 36-38psi tyres, no burnout etc they aren’t too bad.

A local girl Bec had an identical bike there in the same spec and ran a 9.9.

A amateur rider on a stock naked bike running in the 9’s 16 years ago would still put a few current bikes and riders to shame.

For sure. What was quarter for that widow maker two stroke 750 Kawasaki triple? What a screamer in a straight line. :laugh: It would be competitive today too. Suzukis answer to the CBX was a screamer too, the GS1100 and they were all ill handling chassis’d bikes with poor brakes and carburetors. It’s a wonder we weren’t all killed.:laugh:

For sure. What was quarter for that widow maker two stroke 750 Kawasaki triple? What a screamer in a straight line. :laugh: It would be competitive today too. Suzukis answer to the CBX was a screamer too, the GS1100 and they were all ill handling chassis’d bikes with poor brakes and carburetors. It’s a wonder we weren’t all killed.:laugh:
The only thing about the 750 H2 was it wanted to be revved and was hard to launch....those 2 strokes didn't make a lot of power off the line from the factory.

Years ago I knew a guy that heavily modified his Suzuki water buffalo and it was a real beast....

I miss the old bikes from that bygone era....I enjoyed the 2 strokes I had and should have kept a couple...

Last summer I saw an RZ500 going down the road and unfortunately I was in my truck..if I was on my bike I would have spun around and chased it down to ogle it......

Don't forget the KZ1300. I have a 79 waiting for me to install the DG 6 into 1 . Great bikes

Oh yeah, the KZ was a tick slower in the quarter but had a higher top speed. Of course it also had 300 more ccs. The CBX was only 1,047ccs comparable to other liter bikes despite having two more pistons like the KZ. :D Occasionally I ran a DG header with a Kerker can. What a sound!

IMG_3860.png

Oh yeah, the KZ was a tick slower in the quarter but had a higher top speed. Of course it also had 300 more ccs. The CBX was only 1,047ccs comparable to other liter bikes despite having two more pistons like the KZ. :D Occasionally I ran a DG header with a Kerker can. What a sound!

View attachment 1679016
So beautiful..... CBXs are kind of unreachable now so when I was helping out a friend buying from a collector I was about to leave and I see the KZ on the side and that was enough, I had to have it and here I am again.....
Look at those 6 pipes......amazing Sir!!! I cannot wait to hear those DGs.......and those Kerkers on a Vmax....what an amazing V8 sound

Back