New Hayabusa Owner In Idaho

Pete Apps

Registered
Hi, all!

Today I joined the ranks of the Hayabusa Owners! Very glad to be here.

This is a leftover 2015 that I got a great deal on.

I understand that if there are no pics, it didn't happen. So here they are!

Been riding for over 40 years, have had motocross, enduro, dual sport, crusiers, and touring bikes before.

My wife and I are planning to use the new bike for sport touring. I am going to break it in quickly, then we are off on a road trip to Missoula, MT and Glacier National Park. We live in the Boise area.

Edit - ok if someone can tell me how to really add the pics, I promise to fix them!

Regards,

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the org. To add pics just hit the "upload a file" button next to the post reply.

20160831_203306.jpg
20160831_203327.jpg
thanks for the help posting the pics. The reflectors have gotta go.

Welcome Pete - It's good to meet another fellow Meridian Busa rider. I wish there were more of us... so we could have our own "Haya in the Hills" rally. I use mine for sport touring as well, almost exclusively.

Last gas in Marsing, ready for the Nevada desert...
Trip 001.JPG

Welcome Pete - It's good to meet another fellow Meridian Busa rider. I wish there were more of us... so we could have our own "Haya in the Hills" rally. I use mine for sport touring as well, almost exclusively.

Last gas in Marsing, ready for the Nevada desert...View attachment 397085

Trout, that is a great looking scoot!

Last gas in Marsing, ready for the Nevada desert...View attachment 397085

I was just there in Marsing tonight. I am trying to break this in kind of quickly. We are heading out on a road trip next Saturday. I've been crusing through Nampa and Melba area a lot, beautiful farms. Only problem is lots of bugs on the bike.

A friend of mine and I are going to ride to Bruneau Dunes on Saturday, trying to pile on the miles. Let me know if you would like to join us.

Pete

Welcome! Have you lived long in Idaho? I was born in Kellogg and also lived in Boise for a while when I was young. I think I've got a couple relatives in Meridian or Nampa, somewhere up there. I tour up there every year, usually thru McCall (great steaks at The Mill in McCall) and then east at Kooskia across 12 and the Lolo. Glacier is probably my favorite park and I live about three hours from Yosemite and the Sierras. If I were to move back I'd probably look around the Cascade valley and McCall. Winters farther north are pretty rough. FYI, Idaho state police run radar occasionally near Lowell on 12.

Welcome! Have you lived long in Idaho? I was born in Kellogg and also lived in Boise for a while when I was young. I think I've got a couple relatives in Meridian or Nampa, somewhere up there. I tour up there every year, usually thru McCall (great steaks at The Mill in McCall) and then east at Kooskia across 12 and the Lolo. Glacier is probably my favorite park and I live about three hours from Yosemite and the Sierras. If I were to move back I'd probably look around the Cascade valley and McCall. Winters farther north are pretty rough. FYI, Idaho state police run radar occasionally near Lowell on 12.
Hi, CBXRider! We've been living here in Meridian for a little more than 3 years. It is a boom town, growing really fast. Be sure to let me know the next time you are coming up!

We have daughters and grandkids in Missoula, so we are heading on the first roadtrip with the new Hayabusa. We didn't get the hard bags and Corbin seats ordered in time. My butt is going to regret it. We are heading up to Dillon to spend the night. Then Big Hole and Deer Lodge, and into Missoula. Monday we head to Glacier! I can hardly wait!

I know what you mean about the winters. It's mellow here but we went up to Missoula in January to meet our new grandson. I just can't get used to that kind of cold!

Pete

Good looking bike. Already talking about removing the reflectors, just be careful that has been know to cause modicitis. Although not fatal it does cost thousands to treat. :D
OK the Modocitis has begun. On order:
Givi v35 bags and mounts
HEli bars
Tank bag
Corbin seats and backrest for the mrs.
A XXL helmet that will actually fit my melon

The cure for this disease will be the shock when the credit card bill comes in the mail.

Back