New seats

curtis T

Registered
aktion033.gif
Installed my new Corbin seats, put 40miles on, and very happy with results! Ive seen post in the past asking about aftermarket seats so I thought I would just mention how they worked for me.... I did have to shim the latch mechinism with washers to get the passenger seat to latch and lock nice. but other than that, they fit very well and I can tell there going to really help on the long hauls. The pilot seat is wider so I did notice the heels of my feet were not touching the ground at stops, but it was because my thighs were hiting the edge of the sattle not because the seat was any taller. once your in riding position its great!........Just thought I would pass along my thoughts....

ernaehrung004.gif

sounds cool!

have a picture?
(and pics of other avail. busa seats if u've got em)

are they softer or just wider?
cuz whenver i go sit on the bikes at the dealer...it is the most comfy seat of the bunch from stock i think
maybe i am biased in my likings its just what i think lol

Don't know about you guys but when I rode 150 miles on stock seat my butt burned just like stock seats on Harley. I went to Corbin on my Harley and no problem doing 500-700 miles - especially with gel seat. Heard that Suzuki makes a gel seat for Hyabusa but haven't heard about results. Anyone have any experience?
aktion035.gif

Hmmm i've put several hundred miles on my busa in a day with no seat problems. However i have a tendecy to slide forward into the tank. Does the corbin seat tilt up near the front of the seat???

ernaehrung019.gif
Yes, the corbin seat rises up before the tank and has a profile that gives you a "sattle" feel and keeps you from sliding or working your way up the tank,, thats one of the reasons it feels better to me. seems to help under hard breaking too.
aktion035.gif

Have had a Corbin Seat on my Bike for about a year now. Difference is night and day on longer Rides. Stock seat after 150-200 miles or so the foam starts to give and break down not giving support needed. Corbin on the other hand stays supportive never did experience any breakdown with the foam My ass went first. Have done a Bun Burner 1500 in 24 Hours using the stock seat a couple of times than last year with the Corbin. WORTH EVERY PENNY
aktion033.gif

devil.gif

When you only go a quarter mile at a time your butt never gets sore.
I've always thought the stock seat was comfy, didn't realize it gave bed sores.
yinyang.gif

biggrin.gif
Hi Guys

I went to one of the UK's Mega Motorcycle meets last month and on the Suzuki stand were a number of after market parts for the SV650 which prior to that were only available from after market dealers. So I checked the Suzuki site and found that they are now offering a Gel seat for the Busa that is only marginaly higher than the stock seat and it was not too expensive.
The Corbins look the dogs, but could the gel one be better?

TTFN

Silverserferuk

dozingoff.gif
Suzuki gel seat goes for around 140.00. Haven't heard too much about touring results with this seat but I've had Corbins on Harleys and they work great. Rich's out of Seattle makes a custom fit seat but you have to be there to have them fit it to you. Spendy but really good from what I hear.

Back