PDX GSX1300R

It should be very smooth all the way to top speed, road condition dependent.
I rode a rear tire that had nothing noticeable until above 100mph, then it became very apparent.
I balanced it, problem solved.
So yes, it could be as simple as your tire balance.
Does it feel rough over bumps, or are you feeling vibrations through the bars?
Or, if it's turbulence, your head height and helmet shape may not like that windshield.
From there I'de be looking at wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, and steering bearings, all of which can cause vibration at speed when failing.

That is encouraging. Yesterday was really blustery. But my perception was a disproportional increase in vibration at high speeds.

The tank bag does limit how low I can duck down. But I'm definitetly in the shadow of the double-bubble.

I'm very happy with the suspension. If feels just fine.

She is super serene between 80-90. That seems to be her happy place. I'll be in Central Oregon Thu and Fri. I'll see if I can find a good place to stretch her legs.

Last edited:
Ohhh man. With sun to my back and the open road ahead, I was cruising at +/- 85 for the last hour. Yeah, well I saw him, and I was sure that he saw me as I grabbed the decelerator. So I just keep rolling at reduced pace. All is quiet. Then I see blue lights a bit back. At this point, I am scanning for a safe shoulder to pull over on. And he takes the exit. Woof…

Ohhh man. With sun to my back and the open road ahead, I was cruising at +/- 85 for the last hour. Yeah, well I saw him, and I was sure that he saw me as I grabbed the decelerator. So I just keep rolling at reduced pace. All is quiet. Then I see blue lights a bit back. At this point, I am scanning for a safe shoulder to pull over on. And he takes the exit. Woof…

Never slow down...Never...it's an admission of guilt.
The blue lights just mean they want to talk...but it's ok if you don't have time to stop...at least wave, be cordial.
That way they'll still want to play next time.

Tail bag never moved. Super fun ride tonight once I got off the highway. A total blast!

IMG_2878-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back