Are you happy with your job?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No, I hate it..

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • It's okay, and it pays the bills...

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters
I love my job, but the govt is making things difficult. If you had asked this question a month ago the answer would be completely different

So I'm leaving for surgery tomorrow morning. I'm going to be gone from work for 3 months...

There are 4 of us at our shop. The two owners, me and one other guy.

I guess it was too much of me to expect something? Even lunch? I've been here since 1999. I don't think I'll make 2014.

So I'm leaving for surgery tomorrow morning. I'm going to be gone from work for 3 months...

There are 4 of us at our shop. The two owners, me and one other guy.

I guess it was too much of me to expect something? Even lunch? I've been here since 1999. I don't think I'll make 2014.

Yeah, that really stinks...

Around here, despite the drama and politics that oftentimes ruin a work day, we are all family. Every single coworker showed up to my Dad's funeral, we all recently attended a co-worker's husband's service after he was tragically lost. We're planning birthday celebrations and some days, we just get together and order pizza to say "thanks" to one another because no one else will from higher up.

You do need a change man...would be nice to at least get a pat on the back and a "good luck" from 'em... :(

Red Foreman older .jpg
#emwdRetiRed ~ #IdentifyWith ~ #RedForman ~ #THEoRg *

That's hilarious Red; just this morning I told someone that I'm morphing into Red Forman.
Hi. I work for Meals On Wheels. It is kind of hard on us. Because you get to know the people as you see them 5 days a weak. The hard part is when the pass away. The great side is I have saved 3 lives. For me it helps me atone [ a little bit ] for all the lives that I took in Nam.

When able to work I loved my job ,I was always able to get the jobs I wanted .
I was a construction project manager and super . Worked for one of the largest companies
in New York City Herbert construction.

Hi. I work for Meals On Wheels. It is kind of hard on us. Because you get to know the people as you see them 5 days a weak. The hard part is when the pass away. The great side is I have saved 3 lives. For me it helps me atone [ a little bit ] for all the lives that I took in Nam.
Well big man, you are trying to take over @RedBull 's job by resurrecting old threads......

To keep on track with this thread, I love my job as a retired soldier turned house husband.....

I've been retired for almost 2 years now and I couldn't be happier. I work for a computer company part time to the tune of about 40 hrs a month. I make more than double what I did when I was working and I have zero stress.

I retired in 2016, had a blast, won some bike (cycling) races in 2017 and then spent time on my woodworking hobby.

Long story short, the hobby became a business and the business has me working harder than ever before. We do all the cabinets in new build homes and commercial facilities, see picture below of one of our jobs. We do around one home per week at the moment.

Good thing is the money, bad thing is I hate the construction industry, with all its supply chain problems and its labor shortages.

So next year May, I will retire for the second and last time and either sell the business or just give it away and be careful about a hobby not becoming another business.

Cabs.jpg

I retired in 2016, had a blast, won some bike (cycling) races in 2017 and then spent time on my woodworking hobby.

Long story short, the hobby became a business and the business has me working harder than ever before. We do all the cabinets in new build homes and commercial facilities, see picture below of one of our jobs. We do around one home per week at the moment.

Good thing is the money, bad thing is I hate the construction industry, with all its supply chain problems and its labor shortages.

So next year May, I will retire for the second and last time and either sell the business or just give it away and be careful about a hobby not becoming another business.

View attachment 1662818
Very nice, no wonder you are in demand to do these....

A friend of mine said the same thing, once he retired, his hobbies became work

My second career lasted 26 years and I thought I’d go another five but after talking to the retirement lady it turned out that I’d actually make more by retiring. Took me about a minute to write my resignation letter!

Back