Price of Oil

el stumpo

Registered
So after reading through the forums, I go hunting for oil to do an oil change. Everything I see at Autozone, Advance and Wally World is for cars. I remember reading, only get MC oil, so I head on over to the stealer.

See oil brands I never heard of, but many seem to think that Amsoil is good, so I ask where' the Amsoil. They only have two 10w-40, so the guy brings out synthetic. I ask how much, he says around $6. Ring up the total for 4 quarts and it's $43.xx
wow.gif
$9.95/qt.

Where do you guys get your oil and how much is it?

I need to do the change so I bought it anyway, but man.... Guess I'm glad I got a deal on oil filters for $6 (Purolator)

When I did my oil change I got Lucas 20-50w synthetic from O'Reilly's Auto for 6.49 qt.  So far, I am the only one I know of that uses Lucas motorcycle oil.

It runs smooth with it, no problems for me.

I use Spectro oil, 20-50 full synthetic. It's about 35 a gallon and a K&N filter for 13$. Some people only replace the filter every other oil change, but I wouldn't recomend it. You can buy car oil for your bike at any parts store, just be sure it's 20-50 full synthetic. Some use mobil-1 others Royal Purple. You can even buy your filter there. Good Luck
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 25 2007,17:50) I use Spectro oil, 20-50 full synthetic. It's about 35 a gallon and a K&N filter for 13$. Some people only replace the filter every other oil change, but I wouldn't recomend it. You can buy car oil for your bike at any parts store, just be sure it's 20-50 full synthetic. Some use mobil-1 others Royal Purple. You can even buy your filter there. Good Luck
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
Thanks Stl. Can you use car oil in the Busa? I thought I read you were not supposed to
rock.gif

... I finally finished the oil change! Had to fabricate an oil catcher as I did not have stands and did it only on the kickstand. Took forever to get the oil filter off (so many threads). And it took even longer to get it on. It just would not catch! After trying for maybe 30 mins, I finally found a small hose pushing down on the filters edge so it would not catch. Looped the hose around the filter and in she went.

Took it up and down the street - much better shifting. Now she's cooling down so I can double check for leaks and double check the drain plug
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Mobil 1 15-50 @ Walmart...$20 for a 5 quart jug. It's FULL sythentic car oil that works fine in a Busa.

Any of the car oils will work fine, as long as they DON'T have "friction modifiers"
beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 25 2007,20:44) Mobil 1 15-50 @ Walmart...$20 for a 5 quart jug. It's FULL sythentic car oil that works fine in a Busa.

Any of the car oils will work fine, as long as they DON'T have "friction modifiers"
beerchug.gif
$20 for a 5qt jug of Syn? I'm in..
smile.gif
Time to check Wally World again...

Sorry I checked out for a minute, you can use car oil just be sure it's full synthetic and a major brand.

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 25 2007,20:03) Sorry I checked out for a minute, you can use car oil just be sure it's full synthetic and a major brand.
It can't have the added friction modifiers....most of the 5w30's,10w30's, and 10w40's have them...the 15w50's, and 20w50's usually don't.

I run Amsoil and have since break-in. Around $8 a quart here. I change every 2000 to 2500 miles and filter every change. Usually runs about $45 bucks and 30 minutes of my time per change. My baby is worth every penny!

I run Mobil 1 full synthetic MX4T 10W40 motorcycle oil. Price is $6.99 per quart and oem filter which I buy online 4 at a time. I change my oil every 3K miles. You can buy the MX4T oil at Auto Zone for $8.89 per quart, or as I do. I get it at United Dairy Farmers (UDF) for $6.99 a quart. UDF is a Mobil fuel station and sells there products.

hope you changed the crush washer on the drain plug... it will leak eventually if you dont change it every time you pull the plug.

(bmbusa @ Aug. 26 2007,07:31) I run Mobil 1 full synthetic MX4T 10W40 motorcycle oil. Price is $6.99 per quart and oem filter which I buy online 4 at a time. I change my oil every 3K miles. You can buy the MX4T oil at Auto Zone for $8.89 per quart, or as I do. I get it at United Dairy Farmers (UDF) for $6.99 a quart. UDF is a Mobil fuel station and sells there products.
Mobil 1 MX4T is now called...4T Racing...Good stuff
beerchug.gif

(bmbusa @ Aug. 26 2007,07:31) I run Mobil 1 full synthetic MX4T 10W40 motorcycle oil. Price is $6.99 per quart and oem filter which I buy online 4 at a time. I change my oil every 3K miles. You can buy the MX4T oil at Auto Zone for $8.89 per quart, or as I do. I get it at United Dairy Farmers (UDF) for $6.99 a quart. UDF is a Mobil fuel station and sells there products.
+1

(BusaBret @ Aug. 25 2007,19:02) I run Amsoil and have since break-in. Around $8 a quart here. I change every 2000 to 2500 miles and filter every change. Usually runs about $45 bucks and 30 minutes of my time per change. My baby is worth every penny!
That's just ridiculous (and) expensive (and) a waste of good oil.

(CBXRider @ Sep. 06 2007,15:37)
(BusaBret @ Aug. 25 2007,19:02) I run Amsoil and have since break-in. Around $8 a quart here. I change every 2000 to 2500 miles and filter every change. Usually runs about $45 bucks and 30 minutes of my time per change. My baby is worth every penny!
That's just ridiculous (and) expensive (and) a waste of good oil.
To each their own. To me it is cheap insurance. If it is such a waste I will send it to you and you can get the rest of the good out of it.

Back
Top Bottom