Problems with my Fairing!!!!!

Thats the one im having trouble with. I have been trying to pry it out this whole time. All I had to do is lift? Its THAT simple? God I feel like a complete dumb ass if thats the case. Thanks for the info!
Haha I did the same thing. Kept tugging at it and all that was needed was a little lift upwards popped right off. And what someone else has said about fairing dmg is true. You gotta be really careful especially with the edges. I would suggest where any edges meet putting a little bit of thin masking tape for extra safety. Little tricky getting the tape off but that won't piss you off worse than an edge losing a little paint.

I edited the topic instead of just deleting this thread for the hint of profanity.

The only reason I didnt delete it was because it seems to contain useful infomraiton to the original poster.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I edited the topic instead of just deleting this thread for the hint of profanity.

The only reason I didnt delete it was because it seems to contain useful infomraiton to the original poster.[/quote]

Noted. My bad.
beerchug.gif

I do it this way to now that the first factory oil filter is off. Had to use a filter wrench to remove it. Now only hand tight, easy to get off.
thumb_up.gif
Might want to reconsider that, bro.

My manual says two full turns after the gasket makes contact with the seat. This is serious tight, and it needs to be.
Bro, been doing it this way for over 25 years and to many bikes to count and never had a problem. My hand tight my be different from yours.
laugh.gif
Hi Vin.

I saw that you were new here and assumed you were new to bikes - or at least this one - my bad. I am aware that one can tighten it enough by hand, just trying to point out what the manual calls for since some folks, as you correctly point out, have different definitions of "hand tight".

And if you can turn two turns by hand, well, as Sollozzo said in the Godfather, "te salute, Don Corelone".
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back