Project "Serenity" the 500+HP Streetbike Build.

Alright fellas, still been in a holding pattern like the last update. We have to buttons of the plastics cut not that the ride height was finalized and looks great!

9C59A2B1-B875-4304-BF67-395EA0F4F529.jpg

The owner came in to town, and hung out at the shop for a day, as well as to come with me to drop off the bodywork and personally pick out the colors of the new paint. But we decided to order a diffrent tail, so we gotta hold off a few more weeks until it comes in.

Got-Busa also managed to swing by and hang out for a bit, and look over the bike as well. I've talked with him for years, but have never met him in person. He's a real cool guy, and I appreciated him stopping by the shop.

I guess this this extra down time I should pull my bike on the lift and see what's wrong with it... Joe... :rofl:

It was nice finally meeting you Rob after all these years... :laugh:

Bike and build looks SICK!!! :super:

Looking forward to seeing it on the street and running some of the UGR setups... :beerchug:

Well Rob like I said before sorry about that and you just can't have anything nice when I'm around because I will break it for you.

Well I figured I drop by and let everyone know what is going on with the bike. We are waiting on some replacement body parts to come in, I don't want to go into all the details just yet but once it is finally sorted out and we get her off to paint I will let everyone know the full story but until then I have to deal with them and I don't want them to be able to read this and not want to work with me to fix it. I would like to add that this has nothing to do with rob and if it wasn't for this and me changing my mind on stuff and adding stuff just about every week the bike would be almost done but it did take me almost 4 months to finally decide on how to paint it along with all the other stuff I have added. I have to say if I was in rob's position I would have told put my foot down along time ago with all the changes but he hasn't done that and every time I say I want something different he always says no problem. But as soon as this part comes back and if they get it correct this time it will be off to paint so we will see what happens.

Well it's been a month since the last update and we are still waiting on the same part. When the part comes in and if it is correct this time I will fill everyone in on what happened along with the pictures, but until then I don't want to put it all over the forum of what is going on with this company because it might make them not want to work with me or replace the part. But that is what is going on with the build, we are just sitting around waiting on this to come in so the bike can be finished. Poor rob has been checking in with me just about every day to see if there is an update, I think he is more excited about it being finished and painted than me.

Well its time for the update a lot of people have been waiting on, the plastic's will be going to paint and as soon as the painter gets back to town. The part we have been waiting on was a replacement tail section from catalyst. The tail that was on the bike was bought from a guy on psychobike.com and was already painted to match and looked great but he ordered one without the taillight bracket so he used to hold it into place which worked great but if the taillight ever needed to be replaced you would probably damage the tail getting that one out. So I told Rob to hold off on getting anything painted until I ordered a new one which I did that night. I went on Catalyst's website and ordered a +6 street tail section, which was shipped the following Monday. So far everything was going good until the tail came in and that is when everything went downhill.

First the tail section looked great while it was being held in your hand but if you sat it down on the ground you could see that it was not straight and the right side of it was warped. Rob put it on the bike without drilling any holes out or making any modifications to the tail you could already see that it was never going to work. The left side was very close to lining up but the other side there was no way to make it work without doing a ton up cutting and adding material to that side. So I called Catalyst and told the girl that answered the phone what was going on and her first response was we have never had a problem before are you sure you are putting it on correctly. My first thought was wow, is there a way to mess up just setting a tail section in place, but I told it was put on just like the one that was taken off and I asked her if she would like for me to send her some pictures of what is going on so she could see it and she said yes, and gave me her email address so I sent them then. After a week of not hearing back from her or anyone else I called back and asked if they where sending me another tail section or what was going on to try and get this problem fixed. Her response is that guy that makes the tails will get back to me on what to do. A few days later he emailed me asking what the problem was with the tail. So I explain to him again what is wrong with it and he says to go ahead and mount it and that should fix the problem. So I sent Rob the email that he sent me and we are both trying to figure out how in the world he has come to that conclusion, but Rob did ask he ask and tried to drill the holes and mount the tail and it still didn't fix the problem.

Now I email them with the new pictures of it mounted and and show them that it still doesn't fit anything like it is supposed to on the right side but the left side looks decent. There response is that they have never had this problem before and they don't know what I'm doing to make it not fit properly. Not once have they even acted like it might be there product that is messed up but instead it is on my end. So now after whom I'm guessing is the secretary there talks with the guy that makes the parts they said to send it back and they can refund my money. I tell them I don't want a refund I want a tail section so I can get my bike to paint and it can be finished because I would like to get some seat time before winter. She tells me that they don't have any in stock and it will be a few weeks before they can get one made. So the wait begins again.

Well after a month of waiting the new tail comes in and Rob takes it right over to the shop and puts it on the bike to get it mounted up so it can be taken to paint. Then comes the text that I never expected after he said he had received the tail, the new one doesn't fit either. It is better then the first but still has a huge gap on the right side and can not be used unless I want my bike to look like crap.

After all of this I am fed up with catalyst and I'm not even going to worry with sending this one back or even doing anything with it, I told Rob to just take the one I had to the painter and use it and if the tail light ever goes out I will deal with it when it happens.

It wouldn't have been that bad if they would have acted like they even cared I was having a problem with there product but they couldn't even do that. I was going to get on here and bash them about how bad there customer service is and how I feel like they have wasted almost 2 1/2 months of my time but I know they are a very busy company and it would do nothing but make me look like an a**hole so I'm not going to put everything I want to say on the forum. I will be posting the pictures of the the tail in a little bit so everyone can see what I was talking about and if anyone has a question about it just ask rob or myself.

Right side before drilling the holes and mounting, just sitting sitting on the subframe loosely but in place. Notice the gap between the footpeg and the tail section.
IMG_6899_zps10752f0e.jpg
Left side before drilling the holes and mounting, just sitting sitting on the subframe loosely but in place. Notice the gap between the footpeg and the tail section.
IMG_7950_zpse1f483ec.jpg
Right side after drilling the holes and mounting. Notice the gap between the footpeg and the tail section. No way to make it work.
IMG_9302_zps5a9cd40b.jpg
Left side after drilling the holes and mounting. Notice the gap between the footpeg and the tail section. Needs a small amount of work to be perfect.
IMG_5696_zpsca021ebd.jpg

unfortunately catalyst is not the greatest quality. Do not expect show quality or perfect fitting parts for sure. Kind of a lack of competition. I have purchased for myself and friends 4 gen 2 catalyst extended tails. one +8 super sport tail and 3 +6 street tails. I do not have passenger pegs and the +8 tail fits my bike good. I am happy with my carbon seat pan now, but it took a lot of work on the bracket and cutting and sanding it to make it fit right. one of the +6 street tails fit good. One was ok. Another we really should have sent it back. it was garbage. the tail light cut out and bracket were bad. The body guy spent a lot of time cutting and trimming to get the tail light to fit good and it still didn't. He re glassed it all in and cut the tail light out again. I know my painter hates painting any of their stuff and says it is garbage. a lot of low spots and imperfections in them. Try to block it all off and smooth it out good and the fiberglass gets too thin so you got to build it up on the inside where it gets thin.

I agree with you^^

I've has some parts come in that have been flawless, others have been like wtf??? They all need a little trimming and or sanding that's understandable. But having to remove or add lots of material makes me shake my head. Our only other choice is air tech but personally I don't like the way their parts looks.

Oh well..

my catalyst was smooth as glass and looked factory like after painted and stickered.

I think the gap is a small over site. aint to many gonna be focusing on that. they will be lookn at the bike in general and saying "thats badass!!!".

when is it gonna hit the dyno?

those are the small gremlins that we all go thru when building a bike of this caliber. I feel ur pain and have plenty of my own....:banghead: but, if everything went smooth it wudnt be as enjoyable when u finally get to ride it....:laugh:

so when ppl buy turn-key bikes they have no clue what it took to get it to that level. BS like this is common with high dollar builds that are as much track bikes as they are show bikes.

Well its time for the update a lot of people have been waiting on, the plastic's will be going to paint and as soon as the painter gets back to town. The part we have been waiting on was a replacement tail section from catalyst. The tail that was on the bike was bought from a guy on psychobike.com and was already painted to match and looked great but he ordered one without the taillight bracket so he used to hold it into place which worked great but if the taillight ever needed to be replaced you would probably damage the tail getting that one out. So I told Rob to hold off on getting anything painted until I ordered a new one which I did that night. I went on Catalyst's website and ordered a +6 street tail section, which was shipped the following Monday. So far everything was going good until the tail came in and that is when everything went downhill.

First the tail section looked great while it was being held in your hand but if you sat it down on the ground you could see that it was not straight and the right side of it was warped. Rob put it on the bike without drilling any holes out or making any modifications to the tail you could already see that it was never going to work. The left side was very close to lining up but the other side there was no way to make it work without doing a ton up cutting and adding material to that side. So I called Catalyst and told the girl that answered the phone what was going on and her first response was we have never had a problem before are you sure you are putting it on correctly. My first thought was wow, is there a way to mess up just setting a tail section in place, but I told it was put on just like the one that was taken off and I asked her if she would like for me to send her some pictures of what is going on so she could see it and she said yes, and gave me her email address so I sent them then. After a week of not hearing back from her or anyone else I called back and asked if they where sending me another tail section or what was going on to try and get this problem fixed. Her response is that guy that makes the tails will get back to me on what to do. A few days later he emailed me asking what the problem was with the tail. So I explain to him again what is wrong with it and he says to go ahead and mount it and that should fix the problem. So I sent Rob the email that he sent me and we are both trying to figure out how in the world he has come to that conclusion, but Rob did ask he ask and tried to drill the holes and mount the tail and it still didn't fix the problem.

Now I email them with the new pictures of it mounted and and show them that it still doesn't fit anything like it is supposed to on the right side but the left side looks decent. There response is that they have never had this problem before and they don't know what I'm doing to make it not fit properly. Not once have they even acted like it might be there product that is messed up but instead it is on my end. So now after whom I'm guessing is the secretary there talks with the guy that makes the parts they said to send it back and they can refund my money. I tell them I don't want a refund I want a tail section so I can get my bike to paint and it can be finished because I would like to get some seat time before winter. She tells me that they don't have any in stock and it will be a few weeks before they can get one made. So the wait begins again.

Well after a month of waiting the new tail comes in and Rob takes it right over to the shop and puts it on the bike to get it mounted up so it can be taken to paint. Then comes the text that I never expected after he said he had received the tail, the new one doesn't fit either. It is better then the first but still has a huge gap on the right side and can not be used unless I want my bike to look like crap.

After all of this I am fed up with catalyst and I'm not even going to worry with sending this one back or even doing anything with it, I told Rob to just take the one I had to the painter and use it and if the tail light ever goes out I will deal with it when it happens.

It wouldn't have been that bad if they would have acted like they even cared I was having a problem with there product but they couldn't even do that. I was going to get on here and bash them about how bad there customer service is and how I feel like they have wasted almost 2 1/2 months of my time but I know they are a very busy company and it would do nothing but make me look like an a**hole so I'm not going to put everything I want to say on the forum. I will be posting the pictures of the the tail in a little bit so everyone can see what I was talking about and if anyone has a question about it just ask rob or myself.

Long time no update!!

Seriously the set backs with waiting for 2 fails to come in that fit like crap, to waiting on house of kolors to finish updating their product line, among other stuff I couldn't control, here's a few pics of how she's looking right now.

45B348B2-178B-40AD-A798-AA3D2A4C13C0.jpg

CA1E6A75-02F8-4691-ACFB-4397D533C48D.jpg

House of kolors silver metallic, and we will be lining out for the candy Thursday. Once it's back together it will be time to start tuning on it.

Awesome. Are the signal light covers just not on or are you planning to do something with those openings?

thats gonna be quite a rush! like an endless supply of legal heroin.... I'm thinking 455 hp on pump gas. lov the way it sits up front. wat a great choice in color too.

Guys keep in mind it's not finished. If yall notice you can see its sitting in a paint booth. We just had the base coat laid down. There's no clear on it yet. The shine you see is from all the metal flake in the paint. The reason the bodywork is on the bike is so we can line out for second color.

Brett it's going to make some interesting numbers I can tell you that. But between the billet wheel and the headwork/cams it should be higher then "usual".

Back