Ready to tour!

Earlier this summer
I have checked the xcore cases for cbow system, it has same dimensions with slightly different form factor. I guess if you put utility belt on a wide waist it will became even wider...
Today I saw the Xcore set on a Tenere, it looks even more wider because of the shape. Maybe I will follow your steps, this curvy design feels a bit more, aerodynamic and fit more to the design of the bike.

The X core is a bit more square, it's waterproof, it opens from the top front or back, has key slots for both ends, and disconnects, simply as a carry into the hotel piece of luggage luggage. Basically a good luggage piece for rain gear, layers, whatever incidentals you and your passenger might have. For a solo rider, it really gives you plenty of room for all sorts of stuff.

If you're sharing it with the wife, then it's whatever you need for the days Ride. We pack a sizable amount of stuff in the 42 L top case. The trailer has 5 1/2 ft.² worth of luggage space.

It really does make for a great traveling because you really do have enough room for everything. Either choice in saddle will get the job done. Dean Wolfman runs those, I run the X core, but we both have the same 42 L top case.

IMG_4329.jpeg

77 and still going strong. Keep a stiff upper lip and keep your head up. We expect report 10,20 years from now. I once saw video of a 94-year-old man in Norway riding a gen one Hayabusa. I want to be that guy and then some.
Sorry for the delay in responding - only saw this yesterday as no longer a regular on here - many thanks for the thoughts - much appreciated.

The X core is a bit more square, it's waterproof, it opens from the top front or back, has key slots for both ends, and disconnects, simply as a carry into the hotel piece of luggage luggage. Basically a good luggage piece for rain gear, layers, whatever incidentals you and your passenger might have. For a solo rider, it really gives you plenty of room for all sorts of stuff.

If you're sharing it with the wife, then it's whatever you need for the days Ride. We pack a sizable amount of stuff in the 42 L top case. The trailer has 5 1/2 ft.² worth of luggage space.

It really does make for a great traveling because you really do have enough room for everything. Either choice in saddle will get the job done. Dean Wolfman runs those, I run the X core, but we both have the same 42 L top case.

View attachment 1683978
Hey,

I though about it over the other types due to the mentioned "advantages", but As I saw the previous pictures and taking measurement of my bike with the OEM cans it seems way too close for the exhaust. For your setup I saw heat shields, could you please share more photos.about the clearance? Have you applied the heat shields DIY?

Yes, absolutely. I bought heat shielding from Autozone in flexible mats. I cut to measure and conform to the bottom of the saddlebags. I screwed them in from underneath with small diameter Phillips head screws, and washers.

Now the elongated triangular form that is our catalytic-equipped muffler is rather tall. It actually created restrictions where I had to install them after I hooked up the trailer.

I was in the process of custom, ceramic coating a set of dual TRS Yoshimura mufflers, which will sit higher than the axle, but no higher than the factory muffler. So you can use the heat shields but honestly, the aftermarket muffler don't get as hot. The factory mufflers with their catalytic converter's get very hot.

Burned my leg, the first time I bumped into the factory mufflers, after about an hour of riding. I had my shorts on.

The Yoshimura's are almost finished.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also wanted to add real quick, the X core do not contact the factory muffler. As you can see in the pictures, they actually sit a fair distance above the factory muffler.

Also, that tip of the muffler is not the hottest part of the overall body.

IMG_5326.jpeg

…”Burned my leg, the first time I bumped into the factory mufflers, after about an hour of riding. I had my shorts on.”

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wear shorts all the time but never while riding. Uno, you coulda put that heat shielding on the inside. I out some under my tank and my seat because, why not?

Back