Rear brakes, miles

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Replaced these with my service and tire change.

14,500 miles on these and they are close. Perhaps why I don’t get good mileage on my back tires, I seem to be heavy on the rear brake. My front pads should be good for another many miles. They show almost no wear.

Not doing this every day, there are a few tricks. Can’t help but wonder if the dealer would put everything back, as it came from the factory. Pads with their little spring clip exactly in place.
IMG_2955.jpeg

Last edited:
Factory rear brake pads are lifetime pads for me. Never use it for anything other than just holding the bike.

Reactions: kml
Factory rear brake pads are lifetime pads for me. Never use it for anything other than just holding the bike.
On the track I’m with you.

On the street different story. I can lose the back for a while and get it back, no problem. Lost the front a few times, diesel patch on the pavement, gravel, someone leaked something. Worst is when you don’t expect it and it happens. Not with the Busa, but have gone down a few times in my life that way, unexpected and just could not react fast enough.

That applies especially on non paved roads, or a dirt bike. Go down a dirt 45 degree incline, single track, use the front brake and see where you end up.

That said, I have never gone down on a stationary bike, motor not even running.:moon::moon:

Last edited:
Replaced these with my service and tire change.

14,500 miles on these and they are close. Perhaps why I don’t get good mileage on my back tires, I seem to be heavy on the rear brake. My front pads should be good for another many miles. They show almost no wear.

Not doing this every day, there are a few tricks. Can’t help but wonder if the dealer would put everything back, as it came from the factory. Pads with their little spring clip exactly in place.
View attachment 1682201
Huh? Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?
. . . . those rear pads look barely worn at all . . probably about 25% worn.

Huh? Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?
. . . . those rear pads look barely worn at all . . probably about 25% worn.
New front ones are thin, but the new rear were almost more than twice that thickness. Thought I needed to replace the front, they looked thin, but the new ones are almost the same. Replaced the rear only.

Back