Rocket III to Busa

6'3" and 215 and feel great on the Busa. Rode with GSXcite yesterday for that 400 miles and no problems.

Welcome George, I got my Busa last year at age 49, first sport bike ever and at first it felt really awkward and as though I would never acquire a feel for it let alone any level of comfort. Hey, it ain't no cruiser and never will be, Thank God, What it has been for me so far is the most exciting motorcycling I've ever experienced, man! what an awesome machine. I've gotten quite comfortable on it and even starting to feel a bit aggressive in the corners, I can't begin to describe what a rush that was, shoot I can't wait to get back out there and try out the new set of tires. With the Busa I've actually even started exercising, you know like lifting weights, doing push-ups & pull-ups to get in better physical shape to help with my riding & bad back, etc. Oh man! pull-up's, a year ago I couldn't even do one
sad.gif
feeling much stronger now and by the way I've forgotten all about my cruisers, hey anybody want to buy a couple V-max's?
blush.gif

Welcome George, I got my Busa last year at age 49, first sport bike ever and at first it felt really awkward and as though I would never acquire a feel for it let alone any level of comfort.  Hey, it ain't no cruiser and never will be, Thank God, What it has been for me so far is the most exciting motorcycling I've ever experienced, man! what an awesome machine.  I've gotten quite comfortable on it and even starting to feel a bit aggressive in the corners, I can't begin to describe what a rush that was, shoot I can't wait to get back out there and try out the new set of tires.  With the Busa I've actually even started exercising, you know like lifting weights, doing push-ups & pull-ups to get in better physical shape to help with my riding & bad back, etc.  Oh man! pull-up's, a year ago I couldn't even do one
sad.gif
 feeling much stronger now and by the way I've forgotten all about my cruisers, hey anybody want to buy a couple V-max's?  
blush.gif
Since I've had my Busa: I've lost 4" around my midsection, My biceps have expanded by 2", I'm more alert, Women want me, Youths (ute's!) fear me, I can pump more "fuel" for a "longer" time. I've finally completed my Masters degree.  My cars MPG has gone up 30%. I can see through walls.  The hair left my back and went back on the top of my head...

Wait 'till it changes your life!

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Just adding my bit - late in the day! I'm 52 with back and wrist problems due to accidents and just so much biking over the years. Th Busa is the first sports bike I've found to be rideable (no - actually comfortable) for a very long time. I had resigned myself to retros (still own a GSX1400). For some reason the Busa, even in stock without lowering footpegs and raising bars (which is apparently quite easy) seems to be fine. I bought the 08 a week and a half ago and haven't looked back - quite literally! Best thing is to book a really long test ride (mine was half a day) then you'll know for sure if you can get on with the beast. Any slight twinges can be resolved with some mods - but outright pain probably means you should give it a miss. Having said that even an old body gets used to the new riding position after a while and develops muscles in the right places! Good luck!

Back