Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotrex Busa Dragbike , TTS C38 low boost setup ...

Currently using AEM 400lph, probably too powerful... I was using a Chinese copy of 044, with NA setup , stated 300lph (?!). No troubles with that , upgraded when engine was charged. Just to be 'sure' ....

Dropped the engine this evening, just to find the gearbox gremlin :confused:
Kinda hoping it's torque issue with driveshaft... 150 lb ft or more from 7000 to 11000rpm... Nothing is wrong or worn , little bit shiny contacts as expected . Engine was used as road bike 30k kilometres (19k miles ) before me.
I ordered a Robinson driveshaft and a support bearing for it. Hopefully it solves the GB issues for good.

Fuel lines are sorted, (not done) but a decent strategy is made :D. Pressure regulator is hanging the air...

Hoping for a better next year , and season ...

Janne

View attachment 1674251

View attachment 1674252
Hi. I have the DME mechanical pump. I also have the Robinson HD Out put shaft and outer support bearing. I have over drive 5th and 6th gears a 20 tooth front and a 34 tooth rear also the transmission is all back cut with bilet gears

Hi. I have the DME mechanical pump. I also have the Robinson HD Out put shaft and outer support bearing. I have over drive 5th and 6th gears a 20 tooth front and a 34 tooth rear also the transmission is all back cut with bilet gears
By my calculator that is over 300mph @ 12krpm (without overdrive 5/6 gears)... My 18/47 is like dirt bike gearing compared to yours ?!

Ok, my Robinson set arrived today , I have to make some tools to press new bearings to both shafts.
My subframes are not making themselves, have to do something with those. Got a seat frame done , but rear subframe for a new fairing is far from finished. My radiator is behind seat and electric water pump is (probably) under the seat , a couple of things to measure and plan...

I know the rear fairing looks a bit long , I wanted it a bit longer than the last one, a bit of room to swingarm growth. :D

IMG_0862.jpg

By my calculator that is over 300mph @ 12krpm (without overdrive 5/6 gears)... My 18/47 is like dirt bike gearing compared to yours ?!

Ok, my Robinson set arrived today , I have to make some tools to press new bearings to both shafts.
My subframes are not making themselves, have to do something with those. Got a seat frame done , but rear subframe for a new fairing is far from finished. My radiator is behind seat and electric water pump is (probably) under the seat , a couple of things to measure and plan...

I know the rear fairing looks a bit long , I wanted it a bit longer than the last one, a bit of room to swingarm growth. :D

View attachment 1675155
Hi. It look very good. I do have the Robinson OD 5th and 6th gears. I want to be geared to about 315 to 320 MPH to see how the bad the wheel spin is. It is als built for 13500 RPM but I do not wan to hold it at that for very long.

Hi. It look very good. I do have the Robinson OD 5th and 6th gears. I want to be geared to about 315 to 320 MPH to see how the bad the wheel spin is. It is als built for 13500 RPM but I do not wan to hold it at that for very long.
I got scared of 12500rpm when coolant got spilled at 1/4 mile mark .. :D
Rear tyre went +50mph in an instant , FuelTech did not react that fast... setup problem , probably :crazy:

Please keep us updated with your 300+ mph timezone , I'm sure most of this thread followers are interested ...
I'm aiming 8.5 to 7.5 sec 1/4 mile , with a 270 - 320 kph (about 165 to 200mph) trap speed :bowdown:

We have had a deep freeze here from new year , not much happened anywhere , nothing around Busa ...
De-freezing house- and company waterpipes , drains and stuff. Keeping oil burners alive ...
This years HIGH temp is -22.1c . (-7.6 F)
LOW is -35.3c (-31 F) , and the weather have been under -30c (-22f) since new years day 5pm.

Kinda hard to imagine sweat inside leather suit .....

Best wishes ... New Year , New Season. Whatever you like, whatever you wait.

Janne L

I got scared of 12500rpm when coolant got spilled at 1/4 mile mark .. :D
Rear tyre went +50mph in an instant , FuelTech did not react that fast... setup problem , probably :crazy:

Please keep us updated with your 300+ mph timezone , I'm sure most of this thread followers are interested ...
I'm aiming 8.5 to 7.5 sec 1/4 mile , with a 270 - 320 kph (about 165 to 200mph) trap speed :bowdown:

We have had a deep freeze here from new year , not much happened anywhere , nothing around Busa ...
De-freezing house- and company waterpipes , drains and stuff. Keeping oil burners alive ...
This years HIGH temp is -22.1c . (-7.6 F)
LOW is -35.3c (-31 F) , and the weather have been under -30c (-22f) since new years day 5pm.

Kinda hard to imagine sweat inside leather suit .....

Best wishes ... New Year , New Season. Whatever you like, whatever you wait.

Janne L
Hi. Willaford was the 1st into the 5 sec and DME and others too Moor was the 1st to put it out to the world

Hi , again...

Small update, planning to move front fairing about 3 inches forward. Just to make room for my helmet behind the windshield.
Since my seat is going to be 2 inches lower and about 8 inches closer to front of bike, I thought it was a good idea to move the windshield (and the fairing) forward...
'Necking' the frame is kinda pointless , the supercharger is in the way. I might alter front fork angle a bit with custom triple trees one day...

One question about gearbox. What is the function of 'friction ring' , at drive shaft , inside 2nd gear free gear ? Is it just to prevent oil leaking from inside the driveshaft, or is it holding the gear not to rotate freely ?!? It was a pain in the a## to install , had to use the old bearing to install a new friction ring to base of drive shaft.

Janne

tempImageuxW4qh.jpg

IMG_1221 1.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

A bit slow spring, a month to first race, bike is still far from race-ready...
Spent easter at Helsinki Exhibition centre , American Car Show ... Our class sponsor wanted a selection of bikes , supercharger was needed :)

It looks like a bike , but a lot to do in a month.

Let's keep fingers crossed I can make it a race bike in 3 weeks or so.

Janne

Top Bottom