Self immolation outside trump’s trial

Steve Jobs sure changed the world we live in, did he not?

I think most of us who are still active in business, are highly dependent on 100% phone availability, 24/7. Over here some restaurants and bars, you can't see a menu without scanning a code. Even at the DMV, you can hardly get by without a phone. Remember the days we drove around with paper maps? Many don't.

My daughter is raising her little girl with no access to anything phone or computer, or terminal, or anything with a screen. Just smiling, it is an essential part of life today.
I'm on my lap top on this site a lot.......but if I have something I need to get done, I go do it....there are many times when I only go on this thing for a short time and then go do other things.....

However, there are many people I know who live on their device and the state of their house and other things reflect this.

I'm on my lap top on this site a lot.......but if I have something I need to get done, I go do it....there are many times when I only go on this thing for a short time and then go do other things.....

However, there are many people I know who live on their device and the state of their house and other things reflect this.
I’ll send you a tablet holder for your Busa, for Christmas. :moon:

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

And whoever has recently raised children he surely had to deal with the tendency of doing things using a mouse click...!

Studies have also shown that when two parents are working, children on the average struggle more and children from a single parent family struggle even more.

If we look at the role a parent takes in a child's life, it is significant.

I'd say the successful people you know are the exception, not the rule.
Keep in mind that being a successful parent is also a matter of luck, apart from dedication, patience, critical mind, education and so on. Luck and its lack do always exist. And of course, if the mother is also working and the family is small, then children are less equipped compared to the previous generations (traditional big family in the country, mother at home, children growing with many cousins and uncles, many role models to pick up etc) but we cannot go backwards anyway.

Keep in mind that being a successful parent is also a matter of luck, apart from dedication, patience, critical mind, education and so on. Luck and its lack do always exist. And of course, if the mother is also working and the family is small, then children are less equipped compared to the previous generations (traditional big family in the country, mother at home, children growing with many cousins and uncles, many role models to pick up etc) but we cannot go backwards anyway.
And whoever has recently raised children he surely had to deal with the tendency of doing things using a mouse click...!
I recall when my wife and I raised our kids we raised them with old school values in mind and for the most part it worked....where it failed was in the other kids they went to school with that weren't raised in this way...they would be exposed to how these kids acted and emulate this behavior.....we were constantly fighting against society...it was working until the kids got old enough to leave home in pursuit of their own futures.....

In the end, their kids are addicted to devices and often times they would rather be on them then go outside to play or even talk to anyone.......my 12 yr old grand daughter actually told me she is quitting her devices as even she realizes she is addicted to them....now she is a voracious reader and constantly asks for different books to read....

Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope in young people like her....

I recall when my wife and I raised our kids we raised them with old school values in mind and for the most part it worked....where it failed was in the other kids they went to school with that weren't raised in this way...they would be exposed to how these kids acted and emulate this behavior.....we were constantly fighting against society...it was working until the kids got old enough to leave home in pursuit of their own futures.....

In the end, their kids are addicted to devices and often times they would rather be on them then go outside to play or even talk to anyone.......my 12 yr old grand daughter actually told me she is quitting her devices as even she realizes she is addicted to them....now she is a voracious reader and constantly asks for different books to read....

Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope in young people like her....
:thumbsup:Yes, TRUE. During our travels and holidays, ours had always something creative to do, never devices, against all odds - the society and education tendency (I started exploding when primary school teachers kept pushing the little kids into using Internet to complete their homework).

I travel by now a lot by car/ferry boat and I always glance at school excursions, where all kids are sitting round a table, checking (or playing) at their smartphones (:mad:). Once, I spotted some playing cards, I almost screamed from joy!

Back