So how was your ride today ... ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
About 10 a.m. my cousin from Missouri calls and says he and 3 riding buddies are here visiting ( 2 harleys, 1 road star and a BMW ) they are in Fort Bragg, Ca. and headed to Clear Lake, then Tahoe... I say nice , I'll meet you in Colusa or near by for a late lunch... :welcome:

Well I call him again at 11:30, he says they are leaving right away for clear Lake ... ok, I head towards Clear Lake, about 1 hr later I call him again in Williams, They are still in Leggit driving thru the Redwoods ... ok, ??? I keep goin ... I get to Clear Lake, it's about 400 degree's outside ... I call again and they are having some lunch just south of Fort Bragg ... I'm like huh ??? ok, I get to Willits at like 3 pm. I call again and they are getting fuel somewhere ... ok, I am not goin any further, I plant myself in Willits at Safeway, have a nice big samitch and a giant water, then a starbucks americano... at this point my mrs calls and says where are you? I say, I'M IN WILLITS about 3 hrs from home! She's all " WHAT! " :pullhair: ... ok, They finally roll into the parking area about 3:30 or so... They have only been on the bikes for about 45 minutes since the last stop for lunch, they all get off the scoots, we meet, shake hands, chat ... they go inside to safeway for about 20-30 minutes ... :banghead: ok, finally we fire up and are ready to roll... I pull out into traffic, check my mirrors, nobody is with me... I stop, cousin arrives about 2 minutes later ... ok, 1 more rolls up about 2 minutes after that, we wait and I can see the other guys having trouble pulling out of the parking lot about 3 minutes later they roll out ... I'm like
:confused2:

I lead and I see they guys strung way out about several hundred yards back and I cant even see the last guy, I slow down ... cars are passing us, really! After about 40 minutes we have gone 20 miles ... I pull over and say sorry guys but I was suppose to be home about 2 hours ago, ALOHA! :p

Hwy 20 is littered with CHP, B&W and All White Crown Vics are everywhere so I stay about the limit maybe a tad above ... I get about 1/2 way and everything shuts down on the 2 lane hwy near clear lake. Big Firey accident, I sit there in the boiling sun for maybe 10 minutes, then I ride along the shoulder for a few miles passing cars ... ok. Finally get pass the wreck about 30 min later. Traffic is heavy coming back to the Valley from the coast and the lakes ... ok, get to Williams at 6:30 pm. Fill my pockets and the camel back with a couple small baggies of ice, get on the 5 and slab it towards home ... get off the 5 on a back road and burrie the needle. Roll in about 7:20 hit the Keggerator and ahhhhhhhh.

So how was your ride today? :40__s:

Last edited:
Mine was Good. Rode with my friend Brian from the Buell Forums. Wentworth Springs Road and Beyond. About 150 Miles since I live in the area :thumbsup: Sorry your ride SUCKED Kent..............Call me Next time..........Robert :laugh:

ouch.... Should waited until they got to your house.... Next week!!! :rofl:

At least you drilled past the wreck, I ran into something like that out in the Delta once. The local LEO TOLD US to drive on past it and not wait in the back up. That was a cool Deputy.

Had a great ride! Check out the (Short-ish) notice thread, Kent. It was a fantastic day...

Sorry yours was riddled with struggles, though. Grrrrrr....

Those kind of rides became so commom for me i ride alone now. Spending more time waiting than riding is not fun. Its nice to visit and crack jokes during lunch, but there are bikes outside for a reason.

Dang it, KM! That's not a ride, that's a day in the school of...the school of...

Well I was going to say patience but wisdom would be more my conclusion. Wisdom as in 'I'm not doing that again!' Family's family...:whistle:

I will say this:

Riding to some people in the midwest seems to reflect the 'set your clock back fifty years' lifestyle that I've never fit into. Ridin' is ridin' and time for visiting is afterwards...:thumbsup:

...but that's just me. :beerchug:

Last edited:
I didn't get out this weekend since my folks were up visiting to see the little one, but I've been in that situation before and it SUCKS! That's why I have a few close people I ride with or I go it alone.

Sunday ride was HOT HOT HOT. I mean wow. Found out today there was a heat advisory yesterday.

Fully geared, it's really not so bad with the wind blowin through ya at 70+ but slow downs through small towns or the stops for gas, and lunch just about killed me.

Was a pretty great time though. Met a good friend of mines pops who rides a kawisaki ZZR 1200, And him on his Honda Shadow, we went about 400 miles on the back highways through KS.

Back