Stock muffler chop mod NO WELDING!

Bigger-Busa

Registered
I looked over the other fellows muffler mod post and it was great but I dont have access to welding equipment so I tried to find a better/easier way and here it is.
All the tools you will need are dremal, hack saw, ball peen hammer, an odd piece of steel to use as blunt ended punch and a case of Amstel.
I decided to shorten mine by 8.5" for no apparent reason other than it sounded good.

P3020024.JPG

I started by marking the cans where they were to be cut using sharpy marker and painters tape to reduce the chances of scratching the can, had one Amstel.
I put the can into my bench vise by the way of the mounting lugs that are used to bolt it to the passenger pegs of the bike, had another Amstel.
Using a hand hack saw, or a "saws all" would be much easier, cut carefully along the mark. I also used a cut off wheel on a dremal to finish some of the cutting.

P3020023.JPG

Reactions: pcs
Looks good.How loud is that thing? Where in CT. are you?If you ever need anything welded I have a mig in the garage.

bowdown.gif
great job curious to see how you went about doing this.. i want to mess around with mine before i add an aftermarket exhaust....
thumb_up.gif

Sound clip please...just curious.

You should paint or polish those babies.

Finished up the modification today. took an hour and a half each side.
Someone please let me know how to post sound/videos and i will. THEY SOUND AWESOME!!!!!!
this was an easy no money upgrade. it doesn't seem to be running lean or rich, just right. The engine jumped to life and the throttle was instant as always! Vroooom - Vrrrrooooom!
laugh.gif

P3040041.JPG

Back