Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stock rim - wider tire ?

CopMagnet5oh

Registered
sorry if its a stupid question, i couldnt find my answer by searching the net.

can you put a wider tire ( mainly for looks ) on a stock busa rear rim ? i know it comes with 190, and newer ones with 200, whats the widest tire can fit safely on a stock rim ? i know its done on cars every day, so i thought maybe i can do the same on a bike ...

thanks

- Konstantin

My '06 has a 200 on it, think that's the max, otherwise you get some chain rub going on. With the Metzeler Sportec M3 I've got about 1/4" gap.

200 is the widest that will clear the swing arm :rulez:

This one. :laugh:

displayimage.php

200-50-17 The Shinko tires are a little flatter and look wider if that is what you are after.

I have heard of guys running 210, but if you look up the manufactures actual measurements on 210 it is normally closer to 208, 206. Same with a 200 normally measures out to 198. there are a couple "true" 200's. Just have to look hard enough. Good luck, post pics, watch the chain clearance for this is one a dremel can not fix :beerchug:.

Too much cornering where I live and ride..the 190 trumps the 200 down the back roads

Top Bottom