Swingarm Extension kit HELP

FireMedic

Registered
So I have a 2007 Busa with full bricks alien head and PC3. I bought it with 1500 miles on it and the old man original owner didn't realize what he was getting into. Needless to say there is a KMC extension set and chain with rear braided line installed on the bike. Bike runs perfect and everything is installed and adjusted correctly. My question: is the KMC extension set safe for normal street riding or should I just buy an extended swingarm? Also, I'm curious to know if anyone has any idea how to tell exactly how much it is stretched. I do not have factory swingarm parts I know I'm asking a lot but if I wanted to go back factory where would I find the parts and what are they called? I know I'd need a new chain. Just trying to understand this adjustable kit and how to adjust it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Busa on lift.jpg

I don't know of particular brand, but they are made like most cheap sets out there. They will serve their purpose for street riding I'm sure. I keep lots of parts in stock if you ever want to go back to stock length. You can measure stretch by going axle center of fro t wheel to axle center of rear wheel and subtract 58".

From what I've been told (over and over) a extended arm is the way to go. I know plenty of people with pipes and power commanders on their bikes an have had zero issues.

those extensions ive had on two busas. they are plenty strong for street or light track use. BUT get rid of the KMC chain. mine streched at least once a week untill it finally snapped destrying the tail and engine cases. my gen 2 has the same extensions but i have a $200 chain that has yet to strech. any questions PM me please. dont keep that chain

Great feedback thank you all. Will definitely hit you up if I decide do go back stock. Ill probably get parts anyway just to have. As far as the KMC chain it'll be replaced with a better quality one.

I know plenty of guys with those extensions including me and haven't had a problem I wouldn't run crazy hp with them on and for sure get rid of that chain get a better one it pays for itself in the long run

Back