The issues of the world......

Didn't know that's all it took to end a discussion....

Where was this when other threads went into thousands of thread counts and yet the last few threads were mirror images of the first few?
My post was about the protests, mostly in the colleges, in the U.S. You are convinced, based on your response to MPH where you compared these specific protests to pro ISIS or Taliban protests, not only that the protesters are largely pro Hamas, but that most of them don't know what they are protesting. Based on my research I absolutely disagree with that. The situation in Gaza is beyond dire and those poor innocent Palestinians in Gaza, that yes, may have been mislead and voted wrong, or not, are caught in between. I've made mistakes voting, don't know if you'll confess to the same, regardless, it doesn't matter.

My post was about the protests, mostly in the colleges, in the U.S. You are convinced, based on your response to MPH where you compared these specific protests to pro ISIS or Taliban protests, not only that the protesters are largely pro Hamas, but that most of them don't know what they are protesting. Based on my research I absolutely disagree with that. The situation in Gaza is beyond dire and those poor innocent Palestinians in Gaza, that yes, may have been mislead and voted wrong, or not, are caught in between. I've made mistakes voting, don't know if you'll confess to the same, regardless, it doesn't matter.
.......and from my research I have found that many of these protesters don't have a clue about what they are protesting about and more inclined to just jump on the band wagon of a cause to say they were there.

I've been inn too many war zones similar to Gaza to feel remorse anymore.

It obviously matters.......but protesting will do nothing to alleviate the suffering the citizens of Gaza are enduring.....Israel is it's own country and an ally.....an ally that has been wronged by a terror organization....

NATO and the US leveled Syria, Iraq and Libya in the same manner displacing hundreds of thousands of people and destroying cities......

There has to be a balance of providing humanitarian aid and warfighting as is laid out in western doctrine.

.......and from my research I have found that many of these protesters don't have a clue about what they are protesting about and more inclined to just jump on the band wagon of a cause to say they were there.

I've been inn too many war zones similar to Gaza to feel remorse anymore.

It obviously matters.......but protesting will do nothing to alleviate the suffering the citizens of Gaza are enduring.....Israel is it's own country and an ally.....an ally that has been wronged by a terror organization....

NATO and the US leveled Syria, Iraq and Libya in the same manner displacing hundreds of thousands of people and destroying cities......

There has to be a balance of providing humanitarian aid and warfighting as is laid out in western doctrine.
Monkey and Wuzza are wrong. This discussion, at least between Bee and I, is over.

Monkey and Wuzza are wrong. This discussion, at least between Bee and I, is over.
Being practical and not emotional, I am really curious as to what you believe the solution is for resolving the issues and having peace and stability in the Palestine/Gaza/Israel region?

Some folks, the emotional kind, which may or may not be you, will run around in circles their entire life, with no plans on how to get from point A to B. They just end up going nowhere and get nothing done. They don’t have a point A, or a point B, they have no direction in life.

This thread wasn't started with the sole purpose of discussing one particular topic so discussions will continue-perhaps not on this topic but there are many others

My feelings aren't hurt that you don't agree with my views on what is happening in Gaza.....my experiences most likely vastly differ from your own and I'm ok with that.

However, just saying, there are many (many) videos just like this from many sources depicting the exact same behavior.......

It tells me there are lots of people protesting just for the sake of protesting without knowing exactly what it is they are protesting about or what direction needs to be taken...

Some folks, the emotional kind, which may or may not be you, will run around in circles their entire life, with no plans on how to get from point A to B. They just end up going nowhere and get nothing done. They don’t have a point A, or a point B, they have no direction in life.
You nailed me....no plan, no direction, just your standard oxygen thief....

You nailed me....no plan, no direction, just your standard oxygen thief....
Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

However, just saying, there are many (many) videos just like this from many sources depicting the exact same behavior.......

It tells me there are lots of people protesting just for the sake of protesting without knowing exactly what it is they are protesting about or what direction needs to be taken...

I’m not into protests, have never been. But if I was someone who found pleasure in that kind of stuff, I would go all out protesting against illegal immigration and open borders.

If have a niece, who just finished a four year Bachelor’s degree at a University in Arizona, major Biology. She wants to do a doctorate in Physical Therapy next, but has to wait a year to get accepted. If she leaves the US, the student Visa is gone, as well as the acceptance at the University. If she stays, she can work for one year, but the process takes four months. So for the next four months, she is in limbo.

So in short, we will help those who we have no idea who they are and break the law. Then, make it as difficult as possible for those who can contribute and wish to do it legally.

Last edited:

It's all peaceful protesting. Until it isn't. I don't care for Alec Baldwin, but in this case I support him.

I’m not into protests, have never been. But if I was someone who found pleasure in that kind of stuff, I would go all out protesting against illegal immigration and open borders.

If have a niece, who just finished a four year Bachelor’s degree at a University in Arizona, major Biology. She wants to do a doctorate in Physical Therapy next, but has to wait a year to get accepted. If she leaves the US, the student Visa is gone, as well as the acceptance at the University. If she stays, she can work for one year, but the process takes four months. So for the next four months, she is in limbo.

So in short, we will help those who we have no idea who they are and break the law. Then, make it as difficult as possible for those who can contribute and wish to do it legally.
It's a fine line between a peaceful protest and a full on riot or violent protest....it all depends on our passionate the protesters become over a specific issue and how the counter-protesters react.

Been on the enforcement side of a couple riots while deployed and they are never pretty and all of them started out as peaceful protests and escalated......rather quickly I might add....

In the old days, a sniper team was tasked to take out the principle instigator, those days are gone thankfully....

One of the issues we are facing here in Canada is armed home invasions and car jackings...these have never really been a thing here but seem to be gaining traction...

Gangs and questionable people are introducing this sort of violence and for the most part Canadians are helpless as we have no "stand your ground or castle law" here so are at the mercy of these violent criminals who know we have no law or means to protect ourselves against them. To add to this, we hare a shortage of police officers which leads to lengthy response times.

I watched a news article where a man stopped at a stop light was knocked off his bike (HD) while the thieves got on it and rode away leaving him standing on the street......although it was caught on CCTV, the thieves wore face masks courtesy of Covid making them not seem out of place to do so.

It's good pickings for bad guys out there.....and they are ruling the streets....

One of the issues we are facing here in Canada is armed home invasions and car jackings...these have never really been a thing here but seem to be gaining traction...

Gangs and questionable people are introducing this sort of violence and for the most part Canadians are helpless as we have no "stand your ground or castle law" here so are at the mercy of these violent criminals who know we have no law or means to protect ourselves against them. To add to this, we hare a shortage of police officers which leads to lengthy response times.

I watched a news article where a man stopped at a stop light was knocked off his bike (HD) while the thieves got on it and rode away leaving him standing on the street......although it was caught on CCTV, the thieves wore face masks courtesy of Covid making them not seem out of place to do so.

It's good pickings for bad guys out there.....and they are ruling the streets....
Hi. It ia allmost the same and they are tring to take guns from lawfull people. It is like they want to shut down the US so they can become dictators to control everything.

Hi. It ia allmost the same and they are tring to take guns from lawfull people. It is like they want to shut down the US so they can become dictators to control everything.
I'm not so sure it's that complex as to the US government wanting to be dictators...

I think there are big voices out there saying they are sick of gun violence and there is a "knee-jerk" reaction to appease these loud voices...

It's the same here in Canada.........loud voices and knee-jerk reactions seem to be the in thing these days....

"Lol, I was just using 'Covid' as an example of where 'experts' get it soooo wrong.
I can not stand that word, it implies that when some one is an 'expert' in their field, they can not be argued with or reasoned with.
Sometimes the 'experts' are just out of touch with the bigger picture.
Just sayin' . . . hey, I'm no expert lmao."

@Kiwirider this is brought over from the other thread so the OP doesn't get too hijacked....

Let's hope there are a few experts we can rely on out there....especially the ones that build aircraft, bridges and the like.....

Like it or not, you too were an expert in your field and I'm certain the people whose bikes you fixed were pretty happy you were..................

Being practical and not emotional, I am really curious as to what you believe the solution is for resolving the issues and having peace and stability in the Palestine/Gaza/Israel region?

I would like to see a 2 state system finally employed in Gaza. The Israeli and Palestinian population in the area are for it, but Netanyahu is firmly against it, and Hamas remains a problem.

I can think of a lot of emotional people that have succeeded tremendously in life, most likely surpassing their own initial goals. Actors, athletes, entrepreneurs...

You keep suggesting that I'm emotional based on our discussions here. At least you're not afraid to be wrong, and I respect that. There's enough of that type of anxiety going around as it is. I'll just ignore your psychologically based assumptions as they don't add anything to the scope of your questions or comments.

Back