Things I learned today

greg3852

Registered
Took the bike out for more shakedown runs. I did the backroads for a few hours the other day so time to bring her on the highway. First thoughts were why in gods green earth does the front end feel like it just wants to keep coming up. My suspension settings are non existant until EJR gets the bike, so it explains a lot. I have no idea how anyone could ride a turbo bike without a properly set up bike.

Secondly, wow. I mainly stuck to roll ons in higher gears. It is fast. I hit 195 but I wasnt too comfortable up there yet. Lots of 180's. The suspension kept me from going all out.

I tried to get a couple state troopers to chase but no one wanted any. Pulled along side one and waved, then said come on and left. He didn't find it amazing like me. I also found out my chain loosened when I lost the second nut on the swingarm..It was jumping teeth at about 165mph...

So I learned that a 325hp turbo bike doesnt just drink fuel when you get on it. It chugs like a drunk college girl on spring break. I could almost watch it go down.lol

Also is this normal?

IMG_2248.jpg

Took the bike out for more shakedown runs. I did the backroads for a few hours the other day so time to bring her on the highway. First thoughts were why in gods green earth does the front end feel like it just wants to keep coming up. My suspension settings are non existant until EJR gets the bike, so it explains a lot. I have no idea how anyone could ride a turbo bike without a properly set up bike.

Secondly, wow. I mainly stuck to roll ons in higher gears. It is fast. I hit 195 but I wasnt too comfortable up there yet. Lots of 180's. The suspension kept me from going all out.

I tried to get a couple state troopers to chase but no one wanted any. Pulled along side one and waved, then said come on and left. He didn't find it amazing like me. I also found out my chain loosened when I lost the second nut on the swingarm..It was jumping teeth at about 165mph...

So I learned that a 325hp turbo bike doesnt just drink fuel when you get on it. It chugs like a drunk college girl on spring break. I could almost watch it go down.lol

Also is this normal?

View attachment 1665075
Hi. For what you are doing yes that is normal. Are you going to Loring? Where is EJR is he close?.

Also is this normal?

View attachment 1665075
The chicken has yet to lean it over(as he said), but that story checks out with that tire.
That is some high heat wear...from high speed and wheel spin...so you get a temporary pass on tge sides until it's dialed in.
I totally respect the 195 top end getting loose... and the multiple 180 safe speed runs, lmao
Awesome man

I don't see how your front end will ever stay on the ground with a stock wheelbase. I mean even pre-turbo these bikes pulled the front end with ease.
I’m +4. I’m on the list to get to EJR. He’s going to install my Penske triple adjustable and adjustable lowering links then set the bike for my weight and do whatever other voodoo he does. This thing is absolutely nuts.

I did find that my chain loosened and was jumping teeth at 7-8k rpm’s on the last little bit of the ride. So when I hit those rpm’s the rear was spinning at about 165mph. Lmfao. I’ll fix that issue before I ride again obviously. Lol

I say that's a great brutal bike for a gen 1. It must be fun to struggle to hold on to every now and then. Have fun but keep it safe and try not to scare off the rest of the traffic too much.

Also is this normal?

View attachment 1665075
Soft compound, so yes, that's normal because of the power it's dealing with. This way you will wear out tires after a few rides. I say money well spend :lol:

Wow, a "sensible" cop . . . .
our cops in NZ would chase ya down until you crashed and died, (or some other innocent was killed) up until about 3 years ago when they were told by the Govt ministers to NOT do that.
That must be an amazing feeling to accelerate like that, and those speeds, wow, to make 180 plus so easily and quickly.
"Be safe out there" . . yeah right.

Aren’t you a cop? Seem silly either way.
Nope. Not anymore. I enjoy being chased. Sorry not sorry. I like riding fast. Very fast. And I know 90% of them. It’s fun. I guess everyone’s idea if fun is different.

This bike is a street bike. It’s ridden on the street. I wasn’t about to ride behind the cop for 20 miles to be a good citizen. I’ve been a good citizen. I speed. If I get arrested I’m 47 years old with no record. Lol. I wouldn’t even get a slap on the wrist. Plus I don’t care.

Last edited:
Nope. Not anymore. I enjoy being chased. Sorry not sorry. I like riding fast. Very fast. And I know 90% of them. It’s fun. I guess everyone’s idea if fun is different.

This bike is a street bike. It’s ridden on the street. I wasn’t about to ride behind the cop for 20 miles to be a good citizen. I’ve been a good citizen. I speed. If I get arrested I’m 47 years old with no record. Lol. I wouldn’t even get a slap on the wrist. Plus I don’t care.
Plus I don’t care …… rofl
Did you not chase bikes when you were a cop?

Plus I don’t care …… rofl
Did you not chase bikes when you were a cop?
No. I didn’t. Too dangerous for me to try to keep up with a motorcycle in a vehicle that could barely do 125mph. The crown Vic’s had a 225hp v8. It could barely spin the tires. The new explorers aren’t much better.

Cars that’s a different story. I chased a car into another state and had to call it off. About 5 min later the car crashed and went thru a guardrail and hit a car going the opposite way in the high speed lane. When we got there I had to drag an elderly woman and a child from the car which was pouring gas and shooting sparks across the highway. I was waiting the whole time for the car to explode like in the movies but someone cut the battery wires before it could.

I’ve also been in one with a guy who had scabies and was running. He drove down the median of the highway until he drove right down to the road below. Lmao. And kept driving like nothing had happened. That one was wild.

But nope. We didn’t chase bikes. And actually we don’t chase cars anymore either. It’s just not worth it. Getting sued in Federal court isn’t fun.

No one around here chases. They will turn on the lights but they can’t go over 125 so they don’t bother. New Hampshire on the other hand love to chase. They have the Dodge Chargers so they go a little faster but not much.

No. I didn’t. Too dangerous for me to try to keep up with a motorcycle in a vehicle that could barely do 125mph. The crown Vic’s had a 225hp v8. It could barely spin the tires. The new explorers aren’t much better.

Cars that’s a different story. I chased a car into another state and had to call it off. About 5 min later the car crashed and went thru a guardrail and hit a car going the opposite way in the high speed lane. When we got there I had to drag an elderly woman and a child from the car which was pouring gas and shooting sparks across the highway. I was waiting the whole time for the car to explode like in the movies but someone cut the battery wires before it could.

I’ve also been in one with a guy who had scabies and was running. He drove down the median of the highway until he drove right down to the road below. Lmao. And kept driving like nothing had happened. That one was wild.

But nope. We didn’t chase bikes. And actually we don’t chase cars anymore either. It’s just not worth it. Getting sued in Federal court isn’t fun.

No one around here chases. They will turn on the lights but they can’t go over 125 so they don’t bother. New Hampshire on the other hand love to chase. They have the Dodge Chargers so they go a little faster but not much.

Lots of forces have the no chase clause...they don't have that here but should...

Once the chase is over the police are so hyped up on adrenaline that they do dumb things sometimes......and end up on the news and in jail themselves.

Lots of forces have the no chase clause...they don't have that here but should...

Once the chase is over the police are so hyped up on adrenaline that they do dumb things sometimes......and end up on the news and in jail themselves.
Oh the stories I could tell….but I don’t trust the Manhattan DA to not charge me. Lol.

Chases make some people go crazy. They can’t control the adrenaline dump and make stupid driving decisions never mind at the end of the chase. I’ve thrown people off of people. I’m stopped guys from getting to people.

I am strange in that I get calmer when I’m in those situations. During the chase to RI I kept messing with my partner telling him I was going to crash into him at 125mph. I was saying I’m just going to tap his bumper we’ll be fine. He was screaming at me white knuckled holding onto the oh poop handle. Lol

Another time we were looking for a murder suspect hiding in a basement. I had the rifle so I went first. I found him hiding in a corner and placed the rifle against his forehead and whispered “hi, don’t move or I’ll blow your brains out”. Everyone around me including guys from other agencies were like wtf is wrong with that guy. How did he remain so calm. Don’t know. I’ve been through a lot and I don’t get overly excited like that. I remain calm.

I’ve always been able to remain calm even in fights. Most people don’t remember fights. I remember every punch cause I’m usually talking to myself as I fight. I’m weird.

Oh the stories I could tell….but I don’t trust the Manhattan DA to not charge me. Lol.

Chases make some people go crazy. They can’t control the adrenaline dump and make stupid driving decisions never mind at the end of the chase. I’ve thrown people off of people. I’m stopped guys from getting to people.

I am strange in that I get calmer when I’m in those situations. During the chase to RI I kept messing with my partner telling him I was going to crash into him at 125mph. I was saying I’m just going to tap his bumper we’ll be fine. He was screaming at me white knuckled holding onto the oh poop handle. Lol

Another time we were looking for a murder suspect hiding in a basement. I had the rifle so I went first. I found him hiding in a corner and placed the rifle against his forehead and whispered “hi, don’t move or I’ll blow your brains out”. Everyone around me including guys from other agencies were like wtf is wrong with that guy. How did he remain so calm. Don’t know. I’ve been through a lot and I don’t get overly excited like that. I remain calm.

I’ve always been able to remain calm even in fights. Most people don’t remember fights. I remember every punch cause I’m usually talking to myself as I fight. I’m weird.
Police never give credit to civilians that just might have a good grasp of driving at high rates of speed. It's more relaxing to plan to get through traffic than stay with it.

I would say your military training had a bit to do with that calmness....

I'm that guy as well.....I remain pretty calm under pressure....

Well today I learned I need to do GP shift. I missed about 10 shifts and my foot is killing me..I had a new R6 want to race. My camera position sucked so I missed the whole thing but I gave him like 4 seconds and a missed shift then went by him at like 170 about 7 seconds later lol. Poor little fella. I also wired my GoPro 11 mini to the back of the bike in case it fell off and it did. I was so happy I safety wired it..

Back