Tokico front 4 pot calipers

busajan

Registered
Hi,

I am thinking of changing the 6 pot front calipers on my K7 busa for 4 pot ones. Will I need to change the master cylinder? Has anyone done this?

4 Pots from which bike? Are you changing for better performance or for looks? Most likely you will not need to change the master.

4 Pots from which bike? Are you changing for better performance or for looks? Most likely you will not need to change the master.

4 pots from GSXR 750. Thinking of upgrading the master cylinder with a Brembo unit from an early R1. Is it possible. Upgrading for better stopping power, along with better feel. The 6 pots on my K7 are not the greatest, despite HH pads, braded hoses, regular maintenance etc.etc.

I've change mine to a K7 1000 fork and calipers. I also change to a Brembo RCS master brake pump. The braking power is superb !

Just saw an article in a magazine(can't remember which one) that stated you can bolt on GSX-R 750 K1 front calipers( which I believe are 2001).Anyway I hope they,re right, because I ordered some off ebay.

Just saw an article in a magazine(can't remember which one) that stated you can bolt on GSX-R 750 K1 front calipers( which I believe are 2001).Anyway I hope they,re right, because I ordered some off ebay.

keep us informed man. I gotta see this when it's done

Will do.Just got yesterday.Have to purchase pads,&find time to do.As to why they work better than 6 piston,my guess would be not a big enough master cylinder.My friend has a newer v-max(which is a heavy bike)that has 6 piston calipers.I noticed his master cylinder was larger than that of the hayabusa.

Well I attempted to install the calipers yesterday.Mounting bolts didn't line up.(hayabusa's wider).:banghead:Guess I should of did some investigating on my own.This time I'll find out bolt spacing,mounting bolt size&thread pitch,along with brake line bolt pitch&size.If anyone needs any front calipers for a GSXR 750 I'll make you a heck of a deal!:lol:

Back