triple tree

maddogs_1340

Registered
Gretz,All
Have a question about the triple tree.
Who makes one that WILL NOT HIT THE inner fairing?
Roaringtoyz claims theirs wont hit, Myrtle West states on the one with busa logo does hit but on the others does not say either way,Spencer cycle does not say either.
Please advise.
Thankx, maddog

HOW is the trip tree hitting the inner panels? YOur levers or resovers should hit first! It position adjustment for bars and things?

Gretz,bigRod1300
That's what i meant by hitting. ( brake lever etc )
Alot of mfg's claim theirs work just fine but in reality they hit. trying to sort
out all the BS and get one that will work without interfering with the turning radious.
Thankx,maddog
HOW is the trip tree hitting the inner panels? YOur levers or resovers should hit first! It position adjustment for bars and things?

1 1/2" lowered....little touch

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

Im lowered 2 inches, pazzo shorties, and ave chrome trip tree. I just touch at FULL lock. And how often is that....only when backing it out of the garage. I dont think its much to be conserned about???

Gretz,GoldeChild,highestgrade
Ok.
Who's triple tree's do you both have?
I'm considering myrtle west black one, spencer cycle black and looked at the
roaring toyz black one as well.
Thanks,maddog

Maddog, have to agree with BigRod. Just be aware that you might hit at full lock. When the brake lever hits it can be an ol shid moment :thumbsup:

ppm....& there's a sweet spot at my hieght where it jus slightly hits...but does not hit enough to engage the brake....my pic is at full lock

Gretz,All
Got my myrtle west triple tree on set it at 1 1/2 and got a we bit of a
hit with the brake at full lock but not enough to apply the brake.
Maddog
My lady happens to be a Very " SEXY" White 09 LOL
ppm....& there's a sweet spot at my hieght where it jus slightly hits...but does not hit enough to engage the brake....my pic is at full lock

triple tree.jpg

Last edited:
I have Soupy's lowering kit which is threaded links for the rear, and a real nice 1 inch black spacer that goes under the triple clamp, doesn't hit anything, and you can lower the fork tubes up into the clamp up to an inch.

DSC_1390.jpg

DSC_1393.jpg

they all do pretty much because the bars are moved forward to make room for the forks to raise up through the clamp...if you want to use your stock clamp and not have that problem you can but spacers in between the top triple and the bar triple...this actually moves your bars up in height and back away from the plastics...you can go an inch before your brake lines get a little tight and some washers and longer bolt will do the job for around 20$

Last edited:
Back