TTS Supercharger kit for Gen 3

I’ve followed 2 or 3 builds on the older Busa’s. The TTS kit for a Busa is nothing new and has been around a while, although the latest version is a little bit different. I’ve been trying to learn as much as possible from other folks builds, personally I think I’ll join the majority and go turbo If I get to that stage.

I’ve followed 2 or 3 builds on the older Busa’s. The TTS kit for a Busa is nothing new and has been around a while, although the latest version is a little bit different. I’ve been trying to learn as much as possible from other folks builds, personally I think I’ll join the majority and go turbo If I get to that stage.
Why would you choose turbo over supercharger?

The TTS kit price is better than RCC kits (when comparing the same hp output), there is better power delivery, and no exhaust mods needed (good if invested money in a full titanium exhaust).

The TTS kit price is better than RCC kits (when comparing the same hp output), there is better power delivery, and no exhaust mods needed (good if invested money in a full titanium exhaust).
Turbo’s = Huge amount of options, huge amount of R&D, lots of knowledge and back up world wide. Supercharged Busa’s are nothing new, been around a while, obviously how vastly outnumbered they are by turbo’s is a clue.

TTS isnt even close to RCC in terms of R and D and real world data. ive asked for intercooler data like 5 times.. there is no data. whixh should scare the crap outta anyone.

Turbo’s = Huge amount of options, huge amount of R&D, lots of knowledge and back up world wide. Supercharged Busa’s are nothing new, been around a while, obviously how vastly outnumbered they are by turbo’s is a clue.
absolutely... and a 2 year warranty on a turbo kit is a clue.... that warranty is priceless and REALLY shows he believes in his product.

I don't see how you can tune the gen3 for boost since the current stage of Woolich unlock doesn't support swapping the map sensor to a 3 or 4 bar. Anyone turning without a MoTec is litterly tuning with the ECU blind on how much boost is being fed into the engine. Very dangerous.

As much as the boost is enticing to me I can be extremely happy staying NA and doing a big bore kit... I think CM got 247rwhp, that's about what 270 fly, and safer assume

If you skip to the 4 minute mark, or just watch the entire video, he talks about the two reasons I won’t buy this kit. 1) the tank need to be raised up and I’m looking to buy a lowered tank so raising the tank defeats the purpose of that. 2) The air intake for the s/c is directly behind the engine and that area seems like the absolutely worst place to take air from. Is there a spot with lower pressure and hotter air?

There are other reasons why I think a supercharger would be ideal like instant throttle response and power right off idle. I’m in Denver and feel a supercharger would be ideal in some ways, especially up here, but I can’t get over those two things.

I believe the kit is good overall but better suited to mostly street riding and not those looking for maximum performance.

I’d be willing to bet anyone who buys the kit would be very happy with it but for my use case I’ll be going turbo.

Video to reference what I’m talking about:

I think a supercharger would be ideal like instant throttle response
one of the builds and bikes I followed with interest was built for the world wheelie championship. The combination of horsepower and control are both obligatory, big numbers are pointless up on one wheel if you can’t control it.

The bike looked great and did really well but I don’t think it ever beat the turbo bikes. The turbo bikes seemed just as manageable at high speed on one wheel under boost which I was expecting to be the supercharged bikes advantage.

Many of the builds I’ve followed were on B-Kings as in the concept stage it was to be supercharged from the factory, hence the B for Boost. I was expecting to see more supercharged Kings when the kits became available but turbo’s still rule that market.

If you skip to the 4 minute mark, or just watch the entire video, he talks about the two reasons I won’t buy this kit. 1) the tank need to be raised up and I’m looking to buy a lowered tank so raising the tank defeats the purpose of that. 2) The air intake for the s/c is directly behind the engine and that area seems like the absolutely worst place to take air from. Is there a spot with lower pressure and hotter air?

There are other reasons why I think a supercharger would be ideal like instant throttle response and power right off idle. I’m in Denver and feel a supercharger would be ideal in some ways, especially up here, but I can’t get over those two things.

I believe the kit is good overall but better suited to mostly street riding and not those looking for maximum performance.

I’d be willing to bet anyone who buys the kit would be very happy with it but for my use case I’ll be going turbo.

that intercooler is an air/air intercooler. Air/ air intercoolers in CARS are absolutley HUGE and mounted RIGHT up front so that they get maximum WIND through them and cooling effect.... mounting an air/air intercooler UNDER THE TANK and relying on air that goes through those little ducts would require alot of testing and proof of its effectiveness on pump gas like most people are gonna run............... The RCC ultra1000 liquid/ air intercooler actually has a separate 1/2 radiator as a heat exhanger and a pump to circulate the coolant through the intercooler system. It works.... LOTS of testing went into it. Bill Warner used the RCC ultra1000 to go 311MPH... and RCC tested these design to death. Its isnt cheap... around 3000 bucks for the intercooled liquid/air plenum... BUT its proven to work with PUMP GAS and 20 pounds of boost... up to 400HP.

“Currently being tested for reliability and performance”

For me this is a closed subject.

58C190FB-92FF-4F2E-9483-5BDBF5E1AD65.jpeg

So the front of the tank is up 1 1/4 inch, its pivoting around the rear tank hinge so the amount it rises is not a lot in front of your chest. This is to help evacuate the air that's blown through the intercooler. There is A LOT of air coming through those front ducts and they cool the air well, we are seeing 20-40 deg C on a 1/4. Some of the air coming through the ducts also passes around the cylinders and feeds the air filter. There's no such thing a perfect but its pretty good. The Gen 3 is a better still as the ic is 30% wider and the air to the air filter has an easier route too. AND the tank isn't moved. Rotrex are offering an extended warranty of a total of 3 years on their unit for a small charge of £125.00 I was thinking of building that into the price of the kit and making it the norm. Makes sense to me.

That makes sense and i didn’t mean to be a hater! Based on what you said I’m sure the raised tank isn’t a big deal. Looking back at my reply, my second comment reminds me I was in a crap mood that day. Also I didn’t realize that raising the tank could provide some air flow back there.

As I’ve been researching turbo’s it seems like this is a better option for 350 whp and less. Perfect for the majority of people who want more than stock but don’t want to spend $50k. My planned build sheet has $30k+ in upgrades plus the cost of the new bike. Hell maybe I’ll change my mind and buy a kit.

This was posted in another thread and seems relevant here since we are all comparing turbo to supercharger.
What are your hp goals or plans for the motor? I just now if your looking for pump gas under 300 hp I would go na motor build. People think going turbo and making 280 300 whp the bike is fast but a well built na motor with the chassis everything else dialed it will more then likely beat a turbo busa. Speaking from personal experience. I have a turbo busa that made 450 and it’s a turd at 350 whp. Going off of dragy times from my other busas I have. Plus that lag in throttle response is a big down fall. Only way to get around that is big motor and more compression. That will wake the bike and turbo up. But if your not worried about racing. Then yea turbo is fun. And if don’t right and can be reliable. Just giving you wait I have learned in my 6 years of having multiple turbo busas, busa builds and racing. But please share your plans and goals. Lots of people have experience and can chime in what they have experienced

That makes sense and i didn’t mean to be a hater! Based on what you said I’m sure the raised tank isn’t a big deal. Looking back at my reply, my second comment reminds me I was in a crap mood that day. Also I didn’t realize that raising the tank could provide some air flow back there.

As I’ve been researching turbo’s it seems like this is a better option for 350 whp and less. Perfect for the majority of people who want more than stock but don’t want to spend $50k. My planned build sheet has $30k+ in upgrades plus the cost of the new bike. Hell maybe I’ll change my mind and buy a kit.

This was posted in another thread and seems relevant here since we are all comparing turbo to supercharger.
Anyone who loves big NA motors would just love the supercharger, it feels like a big motor but doesn't nose over at the top end just charges harder.

Back