UPDATED: GMbusa in severe accident - See post #88 for Hospital info

Quick update, Paul and his family have a long road in front of them.

This is from a mutual friend Jerome.

OK here's the update I got yesterday talking to Susan. Paul's doing fine or as best he can being in a hospital. He still thinks the hospital staff is torturing him for fun. He's still off the ventilator but on oxygen. So far he'll be staying down there til he's stable. On the 27th Paul had surgery on his leg and everything went very well. Doctor told Susan that it went better then what he expected and looks like it will heal up fine. Right now Susan is trying to coordinate with the hospital and her insurance to see what needs to be done, who will do it and how much will be covered by insurance to move him up North closer to home. Also find out about rehab who, what, where, and how much is need and the cost. And on top of all of this she has to deal with the insurance and the bike, her car issues and some family issues the just came up.
I commend Susan on her strength during this time when her life is in such conflict being pulled in every direction and staying at the hospital for long hour each and everyday. But she still stays positive that things will work out for the best. I just wish there was more we could do for her and Paul right now to relieve some of the burden on them right now. I'll keep you informed and I get info.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Greg.

Paul - hope ya heal up quickly, bro.

My pleasure Omar, anything for you BoB. :)

I hope to have an address soon so that we can send Paul some pick me ups. :whistle:

Thanks Greg!!! Continued wishes for Paul to heal quickly and Susan, if you need anything...

Prayers sent. Heal up Paul.

Susan - one step at a time! You have a lot to go through, but it is manageable in small steps!

Thoughts and prayers continue...... Hope everything heals fast Paul, Susan stay strong i know you are.

Back again with a message from Jerome.

UPDATED INFO: First off Susan want to Thank the Busa Family for All there Love and Support which was Greatly appreciated!!! Paul has been moved to Nothern Virginia now. Susan said he is doing fine but is still heavily medicated. Susan is unsure right now how long the doctors are going to keep him at the hospital before moving him to a Rehab center. So for now this is his info at the Hospital.

INOVA Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church,Va. 22042
703-776-4002 (info)
visiting hours 10am - 8pm
Paul Gayda
Rm# 674

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys we were holding off on the addy until he go this final room, well they moved him today to room 674... sorry... Admins please update my post. :beerchug:

thanks for the update, prayers continued for his recovery!

Back again. :beerchug:

OK here the lastest update Paul
Paul is doing well so well the the doctors released him to start rehab early. This due to all the support from his Busa family's and I and Susan greatly appreciate everyone support. So here is his new info
Rehab
Paul Gayda
c/o Virginia Hospital center
1701 N George Mason Drive
unit #2E Inpatient Acute Rehab
Arlington,VA. 22205

Good news indeed!! That's it Paul keep getting stronger, with the support of your beautiful wife, family and friends you WILL succeed!!:thumbsup:

Back