Waterwetter questions...

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I'm reading about WaterWetter, and from what they say, water with WaterWetter provides better cooling than a 50/50 glycol/water mix.

So is it something that can be used instead of regular antifreeze? Are there any downsides to using it all the time?

Thanks in advance.

I use it in my trucks Intercooler (Heatexchanger Air/Water) It dropped my IATs by 30* when mixed with 100% distilled water...

I will most likely use it in my bike when I get it...I will use 100% distilled water and a bottle of waterwetter....If it is kept indoors in a heated garage over the winter then no need to drain it out for winter, but if its kept in a normal garage i would drain it and replace it with some straight antifreeze and then next spring just drain out all of the antifreeze back into the bottle and add some distilled and water wetter...Hell you could probably even keep the same antifreeze year to year when you put it in for the winter...

Does it have the same lubrication properties as antifreeze does? I'd hate to see my cooling system prematurely worn just to lower my coolant temps by a few degrees.

I switched to distilled water and wetter this year. Clearly superior cooling heat/exchange properties. My fan hasn't kicked on one single time since switching. I put her up on the stands and let it idle LOW for twenty minutes to FORCE the fan to come on just to check the circuit function. It has definitely exceeded my expectations and its cheaper than antifreeze to boot.

Better than engine ice?
rock.gif

Engine Ice is banned at Thundehill so it wasn't an option for me. As far as I know Engine Ice has no clear advantage other than it doesn't freeze at 32F (not a problem here as you know). Disadvantage is $$$$$. Water wetter is $6 + .99 per gallon of distilled water. Engine ice is $20-$25
All I can say is....it works GREAT for me.

I can testify to the uses of WaterWetter. I've been using it for almost three years now and it works every bit as advertised. Just add about a half bottle to your cooling system along with your regular anti-freeze mixture and VOILA!! Mine has been tested in the harsh conditions of Bike Week in Myrtle Beach for the last two years, and it's never failed me once.

Im using Engine Ice this year, and having good results thus far. Jester can get you a nice discount on it, drop him a pm for price - just another option.
smile.gif

Engine ice is excellent.

I may try to mix it with the water wetter. Any thoughts?
rock.gif

I'm not arguing with valium [he's plain wrong :^) ], but I haven't seen any indication that Engine Ice is any better/worse than regular antifreeze.

I did note that it's no longer accepted by NESBA, and it's very expensive.

I was hoping to use just H20/WW, but since it can get cold here, I don't want to risk doing any damage.

Thanks to all who posted!

I'm not arguing with valium [he's plain wrong  :^) ], but I haven't seen any indication that Engine Ice is any better/worse than regular antifreeze.

I was hoping to use just H20/WW, but since it can get cold here, I don't want to risk doing any damage.

I'd be doin the summer/winter thingy
smile.gif

I'm not arguing with valium [he's plain wrong :^) ], but I haven't seen any indication that Engine Ice is any better/worse than regular antifreeze.

Go ahead and run distilled and waterwetter all spring summer and fall, and then when you go to put your bike up for the winter go ahead and drain out the distilled and water wetter (maybe you could even put it into a jug and keep it for next spring to refill it again...) and then just take some antifreeze and water (50/50) and fill it up for the winter....and then when srping come around put the anti freeze and water that you had in there for the winter back into the jug and save it for next winter when you go to put your bike up...You will be fine thats the exact procedure I use for my truck with an air/water heat exchanger....and my S/C jetski...and I live in ohio and drive my truck all year long and I store my jet ski.

Back