Well I crashed...

Well I got the harmonic balancer done (it was fine but is a fail point on these) I really want to run engine ice as I do not trust dexcool but I'm not sure if I can 100% flush the system.

I ordered All LED lights and upgraded HIDs every light on the car inside and out will have white LEDS or upgraded leds, ordered carbon fiber shift knob, carbon fiber interior trims pieces and tint for tail lights and side markers. Trying to update the interior and lights for a more modern feel. the front bumper still need to go for paint and I think I'm just going to cut the stock exhaust open and covered 3/4 of the baffles.

Just worried about any trapped/hidden dexcool left in the system. If that stuff mixes with anything but distilled water bye bye gaskets.

Yeah, it's nasty stuff, I don't know why GM was still using it.
I have flushed several over the years, and after 2 flushes(one took 3), all that came out was clean water.
I prefer vinegar to radiator flush too, it seems to clear things up quicker.

200.gif

20240423_122004.jpg

Well the bike is officially gone, I debated the last 2 years to rebuild it or not but the wife was extremely against it... so it was time to let her go.

It went to a guy from kamloops, he drove all the way down to get it (I sold it to get rebuilt or transplanted so it could keep on living) I just wanted to see it go to a good home over parting it out and making decent money on it. Was hard letting it go actually.

If it was up to me.... I'd hop on another bike today and build another one but yah.

View attachment 1682410

Well the bike is officially gone, I debated the last 2 years to rebuild it or not but the wife was extremely against it... so it was time to let her go.

It went to a guy from kamloops, he drove all the way down to get it (I sold it to get rebuilt or transplanted so it could keep on living) I just wanted to see it go to a good home over parting it out and making decent money on it. Was hard letting it go actually.

If it was up to me.... I'd hop on another bike today and build another one but yah.
Hate that you had to do it, but at least you are still around to have the option.

I feel sympathy pain for you. I'm actually going through the downsizing phase of things. Going to be an Expat. Selling the Busa is gonna be tough. That bike will always be special to me.

The rest of the stuff is just stuff.
Take the Busa with you.....it would keep a little bit of home with you wherever you go.

View attachment 1682410

Always a tough time seeing them loaded up and leaving.....when I reduced my fleet to one bike it was an endless precession of vehicles and trailers coming and going....

It was almost emotional to see them leave....my GSXR race bike and it's street companion were especially hard to watch go, I spent a lot of seat time on that bike.

Hopefully your bike will live on and the new owner will keep you in the loop as to how it turns out.

Take the Busa with you.....it would keep a little bit of home with you wherever you go.
If I'm gonna bring a bike. It will be the Wing. But I doubt I'll ship a bike. Panama lets me bring it in tax free. But it's not so simple when you cross into other countries.

If I'm gonna bring a bike. It will be the Wing. But I doubt I'll ship a bike. Panama lets me bring it in tax free. But it's not so simple when you cross into other countries.
I feel you.....

I found an '80s Moto Guzzi Lemans while on a UN mission in Cyprus in the late '80s. The owner said he'd sell it to me for peanuts as he was moving himself and couldn't take it...the red tape to bring that bike to Canada negated any sort of deal I was getting....to meet our emissions here, I would have changed the exhaust and carburetors.....because Cyprus is an island, getting anything that would meet North American emissions was next to impossible...

Too bad as it was a blood red bike and gorgeous........

I feel you.....

I found an '80s Moto Guzzi Lemans while on a UN mission in Cyprus in the late '80s. The owner said he'd sell it to me for peanuts as he was moving himself and couldn't take it...the red tape to bring that bike to Canada negated any sort of deal I was getting....to meet our emissions here, I would have changed the exhaust and carburetors.....because Cyprus is an island, getting anything that would meet North American emissions was next to impossible...

Yeah I can buy a bike way easier once in place.

But it will be a sad day to not have the ability to wrap my legs around a Busa.

I feel you.....

During my brother’s first hitch in Vietnam he owned a 60s full dresser Harley, red and white. He kept it in Saigon and Vung Tau and rode it when he wasn’t in the field. He wanted to bring it back with him but the guvment wouldn’t let him. He said if he’d been in the Air Force instead of the Army he couldn’t managed to get it home. :rolleyes: It had that big solo saddle on it. I saw a picture of it once, looked like the one Elvis had.

IMG_0495.png

Back