WestCoast/Central Hayabusa.org trackday

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
We discussed the possibility of a hayabusa.org trackday and came to the conclusion that a West Coast/Central US trackday would have better results due to driving distances.  Miller appeared to be the clear favorite due to its layout and that is was just built.

We're bidding next year's days off at work, and I'm sure some of you are also having to schedule next year's vacations early also.  If we can select which weekend/days we want and the organizer sooner rather than later, a lot of us will have a better chance of securing the days off so we can attend.

Sooo,

when do we want to go??

I'm thinking summer might be best.  I'll go research a list of trackday organizers.  Go ahead and throw out what weekend/days you want.  And we'll come to an agreement that gets the most people attending.  
biggrin.gif

Any other ideas, go ahead and throw them out there.  
beerchug.gif

Other riders are welcome. Don't have to have a busa and don't have to be a hayabusa.org member.

This is different, the track has open trackdays when its available as long as 12 people sign up.  Something to consider;

OPEN TRACK DAYS -We will be holding Open Track days on Saturdays and other days as available, as the weather permits. The dates of December 2nd, 9th and the 16th are a possibility but, we will require a minimum sign-up of 12 people by the preceding Wednesday of each date to make it happen, by 5:00 PM. We will post here, the following Thursday, whether or not it will happen. Use the link below for sign-up. Open Track day participants and Speed Club members welcome. New Open Track/Speed Club participants must attend TORDE, Track Orientation and Rider/Driver Evaluation in the morning.

TORDE - Track Orientation and Rider/Driver Evaluation, or TORDE, will take place in the morning of Open Track Days, starting at 9:15am. The cost is $100 for the morning class and evaluation/driving sessions. It will begin with an overview of our world-class facility, followed by a “Chalk Talkâ€￾ which covers track rules, flags and general track day procedures. An instructor will then take you on a van session to show you the lines, passing zones and pit in and out before it’s your turn to drive/ride. An instructor will ride with you in your first session for a quick evaluation. If cleared, you’ll be free to run the final session of the morning on your own. The TORDE will provide you with all you need to drive (or ride) the track safely. TORDE must be scheduled in advance. To enroll please call: Dan McKeever @ 435.277.8791

Sign-up at the Welcome Center beginning at 7:30 A.M.

The cost is the same as posted for Open Track Days on the web site, under the Drive or Ride tab.

Drivers meeting in the Media Center location: west side of the second level of the Grand Prix building at 8:45 AM for full day participants and 12:45 PM for half day participants. TORDE participants need not attend the morning meeting but will need to attend the 12:45 meeting, if staying for the afternoon.

The schedule we intend to run will be announced at the driver's meetings.

There will be no food available on site. Pack a lunch or be prepared to go off site.

Use this link, it will guide you to the required sign-up sheet to print and fax to us. (You cannot sign up via email, you must fax this form back to us.)[/Quote]

Track's link isn't working. Bleah.

--Wag--

More info on Open trackdays, it looks like they're Saturdays mostly and the cost is $100 for the TORDE and $150 for a full day. Don't know if you get a discount on the full day rate by purchasing the TORDE.

Due to the overwhelming response, we will be holding Open Track days on Saturdays, providing the weather cooperates. Open Track day participants and speed Club members welcome. TORDE will be offered by appointment only.

o Sign-up at the Welcome Center beginning at 7:30 A.M.

o The cost is the same as posted for Open Track Days on the web site, under the Drive or Ride tab. Speed Club members will be credited as per use. Full day or half-day participation.

o Drivers meeting at classroom #4 (west end of west day garage) at 8:45, 12:45 for half day participants.

o The schedule we intend to run is with two groups, beginning with cars at 9:15 A.M. and running in 35 minute sessions.

o There will be no food available on site. Pack a lunch or be prepared to go off site to get a bite to eat at lunch break between 11:50 -1:00 PM. We intend on running Open Track days, Saturdays, the 11th and 19th as well but, will require a minimum sign-up of 12 people by the preceding Wednesday of each date. December dates are also possible for the 2nd, 9th and 16th.

Use this link, it will guide you to the required sign-up sheet to print and fax to us. (You cannot sign up via email, you must fax this form back to us.)

Use our forum if you would like to build a consortium of interest for the use of the track on other days…again 12 people minimum.

See you Saturday!

You are invited to drive or ride this world-class circuit. The best way to access our track regularly is through one of our membership options, or by enrolling in one of our driving or riding schools. Another option is through our Open Track Days, which are open to the public. Motorsports enthusiasts can bring their high performance machines or daily transportation to experience this superb track.

Here’s how:

Complete Miller Motorsports Park’s Track Orientation and Driver/Rider Evaluation (TORDE)
Complete an Inspection Form
Have the right safety gear
Reserve your space

TORDE
The Track Orientation and Rider/Driver Evaluation, or TORDE, will take place in the morning of both Speed Club and Open Track Days starting at 9:15am. It will begin with an overview of our world-class facility, followed by a “Chalk Talkâ€￾ which covers track rules, flags and general track day procedures. An instructor will then take you on a van session to show you the lines, passing zones and pit in and out before it’s your turn to drive/ride. An instructor will ride with you in your first session to for a quick evaluation. Once cleared, you’ll be free to run the final session of the morning on your own. The TORDE will provide you with all you need to drive (or ride) the track safely.

The TORDE must be scheduled in advance. To enroll please call 801.563.4248

Rules and Procedures for Open Track Days and Speed Club Days

Cost: $100.

INSPECTION FORM
An Automobile or Motorcycle Inspection Form must be completed by you or your mechanic prior to using the track, every time.

Click here for a printable version of the Auto Inspection Form.

Click here for a printable version of the Motorcycle Inspection Form

HAVE THE RIGHT SAFETY GEAR

Clothing Requirements:

For Cars:

Long pants
Long sleeve shirt
Driving Shoes, racing shoes are preferred
M95 or SA95 or newer helmet
Racing gloves are recommended
For Motorcycles

Full Leather suit, (or 2-pc. Zip-together, NO TEXTILE SUITS!)
Motorcycle Boots, minimum or 6" above the ankle
Gauntlet style gloves
Full-face helmet, no older than 5 yrs old.
Spine Protector is recommended

RERSERVE YOUR SPACE
Please call 801.563.4250.
Please note that a non-refundable deposit may be required to confirm your participation.

Open Track Days

Car
Price
Half Day: $175
Full Day: $275

Motorcycle
Price
Half Day: $100
Full Day: $150

*Rates subject to change. [/Quote]

Update,

I called and talked to MMP and IF we decide to do the Open trackdays, this is what it would cost.

The 1st day = $100 TORDE(takes 1/2 day) and $100 for a 1/2 day
2nd thru whatever days = $150 for a full day.

I don't think this will be the best option. The Open trackdays seem to be a last minute type function rather than something we can plan out 6 months ahead.

There are organizers that run trackdays at Miller, I'm still looking them up.
wink.gif

Guys count me out on any track time there in the Summer, cant take vacation time then.

Plus, with only 2 weeks a year, wifey is not too keen on burning one for a 2000 mile one way for a track day. although it sounds like a good idea for me.

Plan away guys and I will try to put something together for the East Coast next year.

On schedules, I know NESBA runs at Miller and their schedule should post 1st of the year.

summer would be the only time for me. I've no interest in riding on a track in less than 60 degrees. that ain't my bag, baby! I'm single so almost any date will work for me - but it will be a long journey for me since I have to ride my bike out there and back [waaah wahhh sob sob]

This looks fun....I would love to be part of this one. C'mon Charles...make it happen!!!

cool.gif
CB

For me it has to be mid/August-October...April/May is too cold or iffy weather, June and July I already have commitments  
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

I'd love to ride MMP but it's a bit far for me (Philadelphia). I couldn't do a trackday this year and I'm not about to let that happen in 2007. If VMAN can set something up on the east coast, I'm in.

-PR

(WWJD @ Nov. 28 2006,15:50) summer would be the only time for me.  I've no interest in riding on a track in less than 60 degrees.  that ain't my bag, baby!    I'm single so almost any date will work for me - but it will be a long journey for me since I have to ride my bike out there and back [waaah wahhh sob sob]
If you really don't want to ride out and back, we could hook-up and trailer the bikes out. I rode everywhere and back this year, and the tire wear from the hours on the slab just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Aug through Oct would work best for me. Just have to figure the time off thing out unless I win the lottery before then.

If anybody has an extra bike I can rent from them, that would be great, or I may just have to rent one when I fly out there. Let me know Charlesbusa.

2 guys have said they can make Aug-Oct.

WWJD, you said summer only. What day is the official end of your summer?? Labor Day in 2007 is Sept 3rd.

My schedule is pretty flexible.. but I am definitely going to either the Meet & Greet or the eastcoast bash this year too!
beerchug.gif

Here's another group;
http://www.idahosportbikes.com/schedule.php

Costs = $235 to $195

August:    
18th - East Loop
Track Info  Tooele, UT  $230
19th - West Loop
Track Info  Tooele, UT  $230

September:    
2nd - East Loop
Track Info  Tooele, UT $195