Whats the craziest thing you hit with your gen III?

Wraiths Empire

Donating Member
Registered
This happened last year but I'm new here and just gotta know.... Have any of you crapped your pants whilst hitting something with your Busa? I have cameras front/rear with DVR because - why not? Got this footage on my ride home from work. It went under me but I have many nightmares where it knocked me off my bike.

Screenshot_20240223_195234_Photos~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_195249_Photos~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_195317_Photos~2.jpg

This happened last year but I'm new here and just gotta know.... Have any of you crapped your pants whilst hitting something with your Busa? I have cameras front/rear with DVR because - why not? Got this footage on my ride home from work. It went under me but I have many nightmares where it knocked me off my bike.

View attachment 1679086

View attachment 1679087

View attachment 1679088
Didn’t hit it, but had a mattress fly off a truck 1 car ahead of me. Thankfully, it hit the windshield on the truck in front of me and I was able to tuck down as it went over me. I’ll never forget that day. It could’ve been really bad for me.

Rode over a pallet on a highway doing about 70mph on my old 2005 Yamaha R6. Happened so fast and was surprisingly smooth. Bike was fine.

I ran over a turtle once. Thought it was going to be a big bump, but I just flattened it. Poor turtle...
Wonder if the results would be the same regardless the kind of turtle it is or if there are some with shells hard enough to cause the bike to jump. Poor little guys are everywhere here in Florida.

I was leading a motorcycle tour in Oregon and turkey vulture (carrion birds very common around here) flew up and I center punched with my forehead of my helmet. Hit me so hard in the forehead, I heard bells. I had to stop the tour group and pull over because my head was ringing so much.

Leading another tour and hit a turkey in the road with the Busa. I center-punched it with the Clearwater Light, bent the light bracket pretty good. Guy behind me on the S1000R got a shower of blood & guts, guts were stuck in his radiator, that was gross.

DSC00574.JPG

Worst we've had on the tours is one of our riders hit a cow and broke the bike in half. She kept the bike upright which was very lucky and she was okay. Also lucky. That could have been very bad. It was a calf that got through the fence, the entire group rode by it, then as she was almost the last bike and the calf jumped out into the highway & she hit it the calf in the hindquarters. It couldn't move (broke its back) and was put down.

DSC02223.JPG

DSC02226.JPG

DSC02228-M2.JPG

DSC02228-M3.JPG

I was leading a motorcycle tour in Oregon and turkey vulture (carrion birds very common around here) flew up and I center punched with my forehead of my helmet. Hit me so hard in the forehead, I heard bells. I had to stop the tour group and pull over because my head was ringing so much.

Leading another tour and hit a turkey in the road with the Busa. I center-punched it with the Clearwater Light, bent the light bracket pretty good. Guy behind me on the S1000R got a shower of blood & guts, guts were stuck in his radiator, that was gross.

View attachment 1679137

Worst we've had on the tours is one of our riders hit a cow and broke the bike in half. She kept the bike upright which was very lucky and she was okay. Also lucky. That could have been very bad. It was a calf that got through the fence, the entire group rode by it, then as she was almost the last bike and the calf jumped out into the highway & she hit it the calf in the hindquarters. It couldn't move (broke its back) and was put down.

View attachment 1679138

View attachment 1679139

View attachment 1679140

View attachment 1679141
That is a lot to take in...

Several birds, a squirrel, a couple snakes, a dog, and 2 deer.
The dog and one of the deer survived(I hate to hit and kill anything).
I didn't go down for any of them, but the last deer I hit at 81mph, and did over $3k in cosmetic damage to the '18 gsxr1k.
I've been fortunate to narrowly miss several buzzards too, lmao

Years ago I was behind a guy who was riding a cruiser and he hit a crow...the beak penetrated the zipper on his jacket and cut his chest and he had the beginnings of a bruise on his chest......he said the strike almost took him off his bike....

All I saw was a shower of black feathers and him weaving all over the road until he pulled over....

I've been lucky and haven't hit anything....

Back