Who Rode Today?

I did a 125 mile loop yesterday on the Kawasaki. I have to take turns now so they won’t feel neglected. :) The Honda is under cover for a couple weeks as I removed the gauges and sent them to a guy in Florida to be refurbished, new gauge face plates, new needles, all internals serviced or replaced plus, he turns the OEM 85mph speedo into the 150mph speedo that came with the 1979 CBXs. If my speedo worked perfectly I wouldn’t have bothered but the needle jerked around from time to time and needed repairing. I had the needles break or fall off before with my other old Hondas so mostly because the bike is in such good condition I decided to spend the coin to have these refreshed. He could’ve zeroed out the odometer but I had him leave the original mileage on it. I’ve recorded and I’ll remember what it was so the purists won’t call foul when they see the 150mph speedometer. Not that anyone with knowledge of it will actually see it or notice but someone with knowledge could wonder what the actual mileage of the bike was. It’s not a new speedometer, it’s a modified original and the mileage is original as seen.

100 years ago, somewhere in Montana, the speedo on the Brute Force CX500 Custom signed off. "Oh well." I thought. 100 miles later I pulled in for a refuel and discovered that the speedo end of the cable had been dragging from the front wheel for a while. The cable end had worn 1/3 of the way through. Thankfully there was still enough material to thread it back in place for the duration of the trip.

img003.jpg

1715290705751.png

Fifty bucks???? Now that is a steal!
Well done, looks great! Are you sure that's not a C/F wrap on that guard? lol.
Hey is that brake M/C a Brembo unit?
I ran across it when I took my rims in for new tires and one of the service guys mentioned having a front fender for a Hayabusa but not sure if it was for a gen 1 or 2....it took them a while to find it as they have had it for a few years and it was in a seacan....

The dealership (non-Suzuki) owner is an old friend of mine and said $50 bucks and it's yours....at first I thought it might be a cheapie but the box said Moto Composites and it weighs nothing, I thought the box might be empty when I first picked it up...

It is indeed an RCS19 MC.....that along with HEL lines, EBC HH sintered pros and EBC rotors gives the old girl really good stopping power.

Got out for 300km today. Was really nice today in Ireland. 25c. Bug cleaning time again.
4000km on the clock now after 6 weeks

View attachment 1682980

Mine looks the same as does my bike. I got in 273 miles today riding to Calaveras Big Trees SP just east of Arnold, CA on hiway 4, which leads to Ebbetts Pass which opened today. I checked this morning and all the passes were closed. By noon hiway 4 opened. I would’ve ridden over and maybe spent the night at the Topaz Lodge on 395 south of Carson City NV but all I was wearing was my new mesh jacket and a long sleeve T. It was coolish at the park but the pass is almost 9,000’ with snow all around and I just wasn’t prepared. I’ll add pics later.

Wow . . that is one comfy looking couch, is it yours or you are just 'looking after it for a friend' . . lol.

Lol...yep...and yes sir...it's mine
I put another 200 miles on it today.
I have to say too, that it is already one of the best of the many motorcycles that I've ever owned or ridden.
I still have my Gsxr1000, and won't part with it...but I can see myself owning a Goldwing now for the rest of my life.
This is the first GW that I've ever ridden too, and honestly, I am amazed.
First, let me say that it has driver floorboards...and I Hate floorboards, and these are aftermarket 'upgrades', as factory came with footpegs, which I am ordering.
The boards sit higher than the pegs, and keep my size 11 boot from getting under the heel/toes shifter, but, I will gain a little knee room with the pegs.
I will also be able to get my lower legs closer to the bike, in front or behind the pegs, vs out past the boards.
After that it'll be great.
I had mentioned in the past how I had helped a friend's neighbor pick up his GW of this gen before, twice, heavy, but I got it.
In hindsight, that's been 8 or 9 years ago now(time flies), and I havn't been arounf a GW since.
So, I purposely laid mine down on the crash bars and lifted it back upright, no problem, it's heavy, but I didn't find it difficult.
Don't get me wrong, it's heavy, but not bad at all.
As soon as the bike is moving it becomes a 600cc flyweight...really.
I am 5'10", with a 32-33" inseam and a 70" reach, and I feel like the bike was built to fit me, or even that I feel a little big on it, it is not the big monster that it is made out to be.
Taller riders will fit ok, but have noticeably more knee bend (like anything else).
There are youtubes of this gen GW on the Dragon and other roads, and they are outrunning skilled sportbike riders...and I now see why...these things will rail corners, I have drug my boot and floorboards multiple times.
I think with aftermarket pegs and tuned suspension, they would handle incredibly well.
This is a deceptively agile motorcycle, that literally feels nothing like it's weight in motion...it feels alot lighter than my Busa too, belive it or not.
Power?
Definately plenty, 105hp, but 125 lb' of torque.
By myself, or with the Mrs. on the back, I really cannot tell any difference, as the torque is always right there, so there is always enough power on tap.
It needs a few minor things, but it was too good to turn down.

Last edited:
Lol...yep...and yes sir...it's mine
I put another 200 miles on it today.
I have to say too, that it is already one of the best of the many motorcycles that I've ever owned or ridden.
I still have my Gsxr1000, and won't part with it...but I can see myself owning a Goldwing now for the rest of my life.
This is the first GW that I've ever ridden too, and honestly, I am amazed.
First, let me say that it has driver floorboards...and I Hate floorboards, and these are aftermarket 'upgrades', as factory came with footpegs, which I am ordering.
The boards sit higher than the pegs, and keep my size 11 boot from getting under the heel/toes shifter, but, I will gain a little knee room with the pegs.
I will also be able to get my lower legs closer to the bike, in front or behind the pegs, vs out past the boards.
After that it'll be great.
I had mentioned in the past how I had helped a friend's neighbor pick up his GW of this gen before, twice, heavy, but I got it.
In hindsight, that's been 8 or 9 years ago now(time flies), and I havn't been arounf a GW since.
So, I purposely laid mine down on the crash bars and lifted it back upright, no problem, it's heavy, but I didn't find it difficult.
Don't get me wrong, it's heavy, but not bad at all.
As soon as the bike is moving it becomes a 600cc flyweight...really.
I am 5'10", with a 32-33" inseam and a 70" reach, and I feel like the bike was built to fit me, or even that I feel a little big on it, it is not the big monster that it is made out to be.
Taller riders will fit ok, but have noticeably more knee bend (like anything else).
There are youtubes of this gen GW on the Dragon and other roads, and they are outrunning skilled sportbike riders...and I now see why...these things will rail corners, I have drug my boot and floorboards multiple times.
I think with aftermarket pegs and tuned suspension, they would handle incredibly well.
This is a deceptively agile motorcycle, that literally feels nothing like it's weight in motion...it feels alot lighter than my Busa too, belive it or not.
Power?
Definately plenty, 105hp, but 125 lb' of torque.
By myself, or with the Mrs. on the back, I really cannot tell any difference, as the torque is always right there, so there is always enough power on tap.
It needs a few minor things, but it was too good to turn down.
Great score Six , that wing sure looks like it would be the ultimate plush ride for 2 up enjoyment .

Back