YOU THOUGHTS?

Golfen1

Donating Member
Registered
I hate to sound out like a wuss here but I need some input. Been riding with some folks and it's a great bunch of guys....anywhere from 10 to 15 of us total. It's the new year so a lot of new bikes GSXR's, Busa's, stretched everything, ect. ect. ect. Well over the past couple weeks the fun has sorta left from my ride. You have folks braking in 100mph turns, stretched wide tire bikes who should be on the dragstrip. Had one go down with the rash already. I'm comfortable at 110/120 but u need to be a bit faster to run up front with these guys. JUST WONDERED IF I WAS BEING A WUSS OR NOT?
Maybe I should find another group or ride alone.

I would stay way back so I could see what was happening and have time to react. I do not ride often with others, but if I do, I always stay back out of the mix, especially when there are a bunch of newbies or riders with marginal or no skills.

Sounds like riding alone would be safer for you. Maybe you could get together with a core of "good" riders and leave the newbies or irresponsible riders to their own devices........

Ride to your ablility and comfort level. If you can't do that with this group either find some more or go it alone. I ride with cruisers alot more than other sportbikes for this reason. Most of the ones around me only want to race or ride wheelies. Both of which are fine in the right place but not in the middle of town or in alot of traffic.

Man.... dont ever let your ego push you faster than you feel comfortable.

There will ALLWAYS be better riders than you..

There will ALLWAYS be a better rider than each one of us..

Some people just by nature have quicker relfexes than others and there is nothing you can do about that.

If a person out of ego, tries to keep up with someone who is just a better rider, or maybe just even haveing a better day. it is foolish and will usually end in tragedy.

Everytime I go out I tell myself I am going to take it easy, I am going to just hang back..

And I usually allways start out that way, and if during the ride I feel ok and I feel like kicking up the pace, I do it.. but I do it for me, not to try and keep up with someone else.

dont ever ride to someone's else's abilities. ride in a manner you feel comfortable with.

The people you ride with will either respect you for it, or they need to find someone else to ride with.

Guess I'm not looking to low side under someones @ss or be clipped by a stunting wheelie!
rant.gif

your not being a wuss. There are a few guys I know that I won't ride with for that same reason. TFOX - I agree with everyhting you said except there are riders like Vman13000 who are trained and skilled, who I wouldn't try to keep up to BUT respect for their ability, I mention him because of all the photo's I've seen. Thera are many others. Then there are the guys who just don't have a head on their shoulders and will do just about anything including getting all beered up then ride. Those are the guys I stay away from.

If you're in a group of experienced riders and just can't keep up - don't worry, don't let your ego get in the way. Practice makes perfect. Ride to your ability. If you're with a bunch of crazys being dangerous - don't ride with them anymore. I prefer to ride alone any day.

(monster @ Jan. 08 2007,11:36) your not being a wuss.  There are a few guys I know that I won't ride with for that same reason.  TFOX - I agree with everyhting you said except there are riders like Vman13000 who are trained and skilled, who I wouldn't try to keep up to BUT respect for their ability, I mention him because of all the photo's I've seen.  Thera are many others.  Then there are the guys who just don't have a head on their shoulders and will do just about anything including getting all beered up then ride.  Those are the guys I stay away from.  

If you're in a group of experienced riders and just can't keep up - don't worry, don't let your ego get in the way.  Practice makes perfect.  Ride to your ability.  If you're with a bunch of crazys being dangerous - don't ride with them anymore.  I prefer to ride alone any day.
Never said I didnt respect anyone with skills.

When I ride with BA BUSA or Charlesbusa I allways try to ride behind them because they are both better riders than I am. I dont like blocking anyone up.

And I dont sweat if they get too far ahead of me, they normally will hold up at the next intersection for the group. and if they dont.. well they dont.

I allways try to ride at my own place, and get out of the way of people riding close behind me so they can ride at their own pace

biggrin.gif

I agree with all of the above, you are not a wuss.

I feel the same way you do, I ride at my pace and usually run Caboose.

Thats how I get the most pictures and women. (the girls feel safer with me
super.gif
)

The heavybusa does not knee drag.

Find another group or let them run way ahead. If they are your buddies they will wait. The other benefit to letting them run 2 3 miles ahead of you is they will clear out the radar in time for you to hit the brakes. ( I speak from experince)

(thrasherfox @ Jan. 08 2007,14:25) Man.... dont ever let your ego push you faster than you feel comfortable.

There will ALLWAYS be better riders than you..

There will ALLWAYS be a better rider than each one of us..

Some people just by nature have quicker relfexes than others and there is nothing you can do about that.

If a person out of ego, tries to keep up with someone who is just a better rider, or maybe just even haveing a better day. it is foolish and will usually end in tragedy.

Everytime I go out I tell myself I am going to take it easy, I am going to just hang back..

And I usually allways start out that way, and if during the ride I feel ok and I feel like kicking up the pace, I do it.. but I do it for me, not to try and keep up with someone else.

dont ever ride to someone's else's abilities. ride in a manner you feel comfortable with.

The people you ride with will either respect you for it, or they need to find someone else to ride with.
+1

When we ride in a group we try to put the experienced riders in the front and the less experienced in the back. I usually state I want to ride in the back, but it seems lately I am the only one that knows where we are going. Sometimes I feel I am holding up others, but thats that... I won't ride past my comfort zone for anyone.

I find that I enjoy riding with members on the org but would rather ride alone than ride with other sport bikes I have rode with. The busa owners tend to be more mature and responsible riders. I don't have to be pulling wheelies, stoppies or riding on the edge in the twisties to enjoy riding. I also pick my place to let the busa stretch her legs and in town amoung traffic is not the place. I also must keep in mind if I was to loose my license or be charged with reckless driving it would cost me my job. Track days are the best option for balls out riding.

man i will tell you this I am only 26 and you know i like to go fast but it isnt worht dying tryin. I have lost my licens once when i was 18 for to many tickets so in my eyes isnt worth it

and no your being smart on this one

(thrasherfox @ Jan. 08 2007,11:50)
(monster @ Jan. 08 2007,11:36) your not being a wuss.  There are a few guys I know that I won't ride with for that same reason.  TFOX - I agree with everyhting you said except there are riders like Vman13000 who are trained and skilled, who I wouldn't try to keep up to BUT respect for their ability, I mention him because of all the photo's I've seen.  Thera are many others.  Then there are the guys who just don't have a head on their shoulders and will do just about anything including getting all beered up then ride.  Those are the guys I stay away from.  

If you're in a group of experienced riders and just can't keep up - don't worry, don't let your ego get in the way.  Practice makes perfect.  Ride to your ability.  If you're with a bunch of crazys being dangerous - don't ride with them anymore.  I prefer to ride alone any day.
Never said I didnt respect anyone with skills.

When I ride with BA BUSA or Charlesbusa I allways try to ride behind them because they are both better riders than I am. I dont like blocking anyone up.

And I dont sweat if they get too far ahead of me, they normally will hold up at the next intersection for the group. and if they dont.. well they dont.

I allways try to ride at my own place, and get out of the way of people riding close behind me so they can ride at their own pace

biggrin.gif
+1.....I personally have no problem riding at the back of the train!!!

I too have ridden with BA, Charles, T-Fox, and Lamb...they have always waited for me and like T-Fox said, If they don't, they don't!
Fact is...they always do.

Find good people to ride with like the ones that I have been lucky enough to meet here in SoCal. Ride responsible......ride within your means...ride smart...ride for fun!

DD

G, don't worry about it! I agree with the rest of the fellas. I stay within my abilities. I ride with Rock from the board and he'sa better rider! My best rides are the ones with no tickets are accidents! Plus, I'm to old to be a fool. Sure sometime the thrill will push me to open it up, but the place and time is chosen by ME!!! Another reason is I have a 20 year old son and 14 year old daughter that I preach to and I have to live by my preaching! ALL BE SAFE!!

Picture_004.jpg

Just stay in yer comfort zone. If they don't like it, then you don't wanna ride with em anyway.

When it comes to keeping yourself safe and alive. Ride your own ride. You don't have to impress anyone but yourself.

I your not comfortable riding with that group....THEN DON'T

Simple as that...

Back