Heading out in the morning

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I’ll visit my son and his family mañana and then head to the coast 25 miles from his place, and then north. Possible turnaround spot will be Port Angeles WA. If so, that will be Thursday. Should be back next Monday. It will be 97 here when I leave and 65 at the Pacific. Sure hope I can stand it…. :firing:

I’ll visit my son and his family mañana and then head to the coast 25 miles from his place, and then north. Possible turnaround spot will be Port Angeles WA. If so, that will be Thursday. Should be back next Monday. It will be 97 here when I leave and 65 at the Pacific. Sure hope I can stand it…. :firing:
Safe travels.....

Which ride are you taking? I imagine the CBX....

Yep, I’ve been prepping it for a trip and now that there’s a new monoshock on it there’s nothing left to renew. But then it (is) 42 years old and this (is) a 2,000+ mile journey so we’ll see. Like always though, I treat these tours just like day rides, only 8-9 in a row. :D Today was hot but not too, as I left early and hauled azz. Mostly freeway and I ran 80-85 up I5 for 100 miles straight. This bike goes in reserve earlier than my others did but this time it was starving for fuel around 100 miles. Thankfully it’s. 5.8 gallon tank. Normally I’ve been getting 30 mpg or so but this rip was just a tad over 24 mpg. Spent over $50 just for gas today, around 245 miles. A ‘band’ of Hawg riders (8-9)came up behind me while I was doing 80-85 and zoomed by, all wearing their kuttes. All riding 30K Harleys and splitting lanes with traffic doing 70-80. A few of them waved and pointed at the bike as if to acknowledge what it is. They split up eventually with some heading towards Sacramento and the others to Oakland. HEAVY traffic coming into the northern edge of the SF Bay Area but still moving along, mostly. Heading to the coast tomorrow and then north. I’ll follow hiway 1 till it ends at Leggett where I’ll join 101 north thru NorCal, Oregon and into Washington. Avenue of the Giants tomorrow!:firing:

Tiring day, 10, TEN one lane road sections on hiway 1, three with pilot cars, three with portable stoplights. Mostly road construction, other work was on trees. Saw 18 LD bikes on the coast road, mostly Harleys and Beemers. No Wings, no K1600 Beemers, no Hayabusas and no Hondas. 2 CHP cars parked at construction sites. Just a few pics. You can barely see the sky looking up thru the trees but other than an hour or so it was blue skies all the way. Into Oregon tomorrow in a 100 miles or so.

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_0379.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

I wonder how many CBX's get ridden like that anymore...I bet it's few to none.
Most have probably been heavily moddified, scrapped, or are garage queens now.
I love it when I see rare classics on the road.
If I saw you out, I'de half to run you down and get a look at that bike, and talk to you if you were stopped.

I pulled behind two BMW riders, the only bikes going north like me, at one of the construction delays and I could hear one of them yell to the other, ‘that’s a CBX’ pointing behind to me. Thumbs up were next. Nice being noticed.

Sorry to hear about the construction. Love the scent of the pine and salt.

Eucalyptus too. Lots of them along the hiway. Some form some of the many tree tunnels where the bushy tops of the trees on one side of the road meet their counterparts on the other side of the road. Heading out soon, it’s 55 degrees!!! It’s already 82 where I live!

Back