Heading out in the morning

Years and years ago I knew a guy that rode across Canada on the same white CBX that @WuzzaCBXRider has and he had a great ride...I think the year was 1985 or so....I ran across him in Chilliwack BC when I was out there teaching a course in the military....he was also military and was posted to Chilliwack but took his CBX to visit his parents in Nova Scotia....if anyone Google maps that distance, it's a long way.

Terry, how'd ya like The Leggett section of Highway 1? They just paved it and it's amazing. Likely one of the twistiest roads in the state. Amazing ride. Rode it last weekend and hasn't been this good in 15 years. Lines haven't even been painted yet. :)

dsc00210_53862189270_o.jpg

Terry, how'd ya like The Leggett section of Highway 1? They just paved it and it's amazing. Likely one of the twistiest roads in the state. Amazing ride. Rode it last weekend and hasn't been this good in 15 years. Lines haven't even been painted yet. :)

View attachment 1685808

Yeah, I thought of you as I rode thru from the coast to Leggett. You’re probably the only forum member that’s ridden it. I’ve never seen it this nice. No lines yet just those lil stickers outlining where the center lines will be. Just think Tim, no tar snakes, no potholes, or repairs pretty much from now on.

Yeah, I thought of you as I rode thru from the coast to Leggett. You’re probably the only forum member that’s ridden it. I’ve never seen it this nice. No lines yet just those lil stickers outlining where the center lines will be. Just think Tim, no tar snakes, no potholes, or repairs pretty much from now on.
Hi. Glad you are haveing a good time. I have done inter state and into Canada trips no motels just with a tent.

Hi. Glad you are haveing a good time. I have done inter state and into Canada trips no motels just with a tent.

If the economy is tanking there’s no sign of it on the road. Motels and hotels are outrageously expensive and their parking lots are full even on weekdays! Some have signs up saying reservations only, all booked up. That was unusual some years ago. There used to be competition between motels but apparently that’s stopped. Even the sh*t holes cost too much money. Lots of RVs pulling another car on the road too. Expensive RVs and with fuel costs what they are it cost me around $50 a day and that’s riding less than 300 miles a day. RVs would cost hundreds daily.

If the economy is tanking there’s no sign of it on the road. Motels and hotels are outrageously expensive and their parking lots are full even on weekdays! Some have signs up saying reservations only, all booked up. That was unusual some years ago. There used to be competition between motels but apparently that’s stopped. Even the sh*t holes cost too much money. Lots of RVs pulling another car on the road too. Expensive RVs and with fuel costs what they are it cost me around $50 a day and that’s riding less than 300 miles a day. RVs would cost hundreds daily.
I've noted that as well lately....if the economy is hurting it sure isn't slowing anyone down travelling or driving everywhere.

Yep...It's insane how expensive it is travel nowadays even if you aren't flying. The hotel/airBnB cost is almost as much as the trip to get there!

Yep...It's insane how expensive it is travel nowadays even if you aren't flying. The hotel/airBnB cost is almost as much as the trip to get there!
Yet people are still doing it....how I don't know...

All of the hotel/motel parking lots seem to be full...

Back