Thunder Valley Raceway today

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I had the great honor of meeting Professor out at Thunder Valley this morning to watch him race. I snapped a lot of pics and this series is some of my favorites.

Pic 1 is professor pulling up to the tree ready to go

thunder_valley_Oct_06_212_sized.jpg

Pic 2, Yellow Yellow Yellow GREEN ---- easy out on the clutch, hard on the gas

thunder_valley_Oct_06_213_sized.jpg

Well as long as the front end is up I might as well ride it out......

thunder_valley_Oct_06_215sized.jpg

Nice pix Cap. Gotta be my favorite color on the Busa. So, what kinda #'s was he running?

nice shots! I really like the third pick ripp'in of the line liftin her up
cool.gif
the guy standing pigeon towed in the back ground looks like he pooped himself
tounge.gif

damn, he sure picked his feet up and got em on the pegs quick. i find it easier to control the bike off the line with my legs hangin off until its time to shift.

i see what your say'in not much between the launch and the second pick i dont drag race or anything like that, but when i want to scoot from a relatively slow speed i like to get on the balls of my feet as soon as i can....then i can use all my weight to help direct the bike

Nice photos Capn... Rick, wish I could have made it! Sitting at work this morning wishing I could have drove out.

WOW! Fantastic pictures CAP! You are truly becoming the "Nikon Master" Great sequence makes it look better than if felt
wink.gif

(Black Bird Killer @ Oct. 22 2006,00:22)  So, what kinda #'s was he running?
I was running low 10s. Ran a 10.13 but not that pass. Ran a 10.11/13/16 the night before. I’m having a hard time getting used to the new clutch, my 60s are off about .05 from what I was running last month with the old clutch. Need a bit more practice. To dial my launch a bit more.

(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 22 2006,06:00) Nice photos Capn... Rick, wish I could have made it! Sitting at work this morning wishing I could have drove out.
I’m actually glad you didn’t come down. It would have been good to see you but racing was postponed. You missed a pretty good burger, however. It was a beautiful morning winds 5-6 60 degrees. About 11:00 winds @ 24 12:00 winds 35 gusting to 45mp Temp dropped in the high 40’s. During qualifying, they first decided to shut us down to 1/8 mile runs. Then they (good decision) decided to postpone the event. So the 2006 PMRA World Finals will be held on November the 4th. Past history shows the weather chances to be better! But who really knows this is Oklahoma!

(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 22 2006,08:41) Cool pics Cap.  What #s did you run Prof?  I need to get down there sometime this year.
Ran 10.13. We'll see if we can work on that a bit the 4th. Last motorcycle race of our season is the 4th November. If you think you might come, be sure and let me know!

Back