Thunder Valley Raceway today

Awesome, Prof and Cap! Nice lookin' bike, too
cool.gif

So you got hit with the same cold front as Ks.... Man did it get windy/cold in a hurry.

Awesome pics, Nice launch! Way to ride it out!

Oh and did I mention that is the fastest color!
super.gif

BTW is the starter standing next to a bunch of cans of race fuel smoking a cigarette?

(Professor @ Oct. 22 2006,09:04)
(Black Bird Killer @ Oct. 22 2006,00:22)  So, what kinda #'s was he running?
I was running low 10s. Ran a 10.13 but not that pass. Ran a 10.11/13/16 the night before. I’m having a hard time getting used to the new clutch, my 60s are off about .05 from what I was running last month with the old clutch. Need a bit more practice. To dial my launch a bit more.
try to lean down on the tank more to control the wheelie and practice on your tuck. that oughta get you a tenth or so
wink.gif

(psycobusa @ Oct. 22 2006,23:03) try to lean down on the tank more to control the wheelie and practice on your tuck. that oughta get you a tenth or so  
wink.gif
Yep, the pictures are pretty valuable in troubleshooting that run. I was looking at them yesterday thinking I need to get a little friendlier with the tank.

(Professor @ Oct. 23 2006,06
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(psycobusa @ Oct. 22 2006,23:03) try to lean down on the tank more to control the wheelie and practice on your tuck. that oughta get you a tenth or so  
wink.gif
Yep, the pictures are pretty valuable in troubleshooting that run. I was looking at them yesterday thinking I need to get a little friendlier with the tank.
That's what I was thinking as well. Scoot your butt back as much as you can and lay down more. I have some of my runs on video, it's way easier to see what you are doing wrong on tape.
Are you foot shifting Prof?
BTW, nice pics Cap!

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 23 2006,10:14)
(Professor @ Oct. 23 2006,06
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
wink.gif
That's what I was thinking as well. Scoot your butt back as much as you can and lay down more. I have some of my runs on video, it's way easier to see what you are doing wrong on tape.
Are you foot shifting Prof?
BTW, nice pics Cap!
I may have to build a new seat pan over the winter.
The stock seat allows me to slide too much.
The pan I'm running holds me in place too tight to the tank.
I sat on a Tobin Saturday. I know most rave abou it, it just doesn't feel right to me. My bare pan offers more support, I'm just too big for it. Hmmm. Maybe that is the answer. I need to lose about 40lbs!
Regardless, I need to get down more. I've always thought I was down more that. Looking at these and older pictures, I find that I am usually slightly down further that what I am on this run. But still not enough.

Actually this run was pretty pitiful. Caps great job of photography makes it look much better than it really was!

Yep foot shifting...

I have a carbon seat pan. You are sitting on the frame rails, about 2 inches lower than the seat. They aren't very expensive, Golden can hook you up. I love it for racing, but there is NO padding. You can also get a stepped version that allows you to brace for launch, then scoot up to tuck.
I don't care for the Tobin either, they look nice, but not comfortable for me.

blkbusltl.JPG

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 26 2006,13:21) I have a carbon seat pan. You are sitting on the frame rails, about 2 inches lower than the seat. They aren't very expensive, Golden can hook you up. I love it for racing, but there is NO padding. You can also get a stepped version that allows you to brace for launch, then scoot up to tuck.
I don't care for the Tobin either, they look nice, but not comfortable for me.
seat.jpg
The one I have is stepped. It has me locked in pretty good, maybe too much. I might try one like yours or some of the "heavy hitter" style stepped ones.

Since you guys like launch pics so much I figured I'd post one of my best launches at the track; every once and while you get lucky.
Not too mcuh wheelie, but just enough for a good 60'. This was a 1.58 60 ft which ain't bad for me at 297lbs!

RyanSpencer.jpg

Back