08 busa comfort vs. zx 14

You know what they say opinions are like sugarbritches everybodys got them
beerchug.gif
I knew that was coming, What took ya so long  
laugh.gif
But seriously, U can't go wrong with either bike. They are so close in total performance it may come down to which one in your own opinion looks better. Oh sheet theres that opinion word again.
shutup.gif

Does anyone have an 08 with heli's? Im wondering if this comfort difference is an easy fix.
I have the Heli Bars installed. It is still a fair reach to the handgrips, even with the Heli-Bars in polce.

I don't have a lot of ZX-14 seat time, but I tend to agree with what the general consensus that gives the comfort nod to the ZX-14. I would also say the brakes are noticeably better on the ZX-14.

However, in the handling department, the K8 has the edge, IMO.

As an owner of both an '07 ZX14 and an '08 Busa, The ZX14 is alot more comfortable to me than the Busa. I've over 1000miles on my Busa and still haven't gotten used to it. My wrist and butt still get really sore if I ride for over an hour. On the ZX14, I did a 250mile ride to Gatlinburg, TN. stopping only for gas and felt great. I can tell you now, when it comes time to take the Busa up there this spring, its gonna be painful.

ZX14 is alot smoother through the entire rev range. The Busa's vibes beginning at 4500rpms are extremely annoying to me. On the ZX14, tucking down behind the stock windscreen is very easy, you don't have to tuck down much at all. On the Busa, I almost have to put my chin on the tank to get outta the wind.

One of the guys I know has a Busa put some risers on the bike, but now he can't lock the bars all the way to the right or left because it hits the faring, don't know if its just the kind of risers he has or what.Thats why I haven't gotten risers yet. My Tobin is on order, can't wait for that. Brakes on the ZX14 instill confidence in me. Now I'm okay with having to squeeze the Busa's brakes alot harder, I'm just used to it now, but at first they kinda scared me. Didnt' know if they were gonna stop the bike. I know better in my head, but in those hard braking instances, I was uneasy.

On the other hand, when I want to go out and enjoy twisties, I don't even touch the ZX14 anymore. To me it handles the same if I feel like muscling it around, but the Busa falls in and out of corners like butter, better than any 1k bike I've owned or ridden. If I feel like crusing, day to day commute to work, comfortability, I take the ZX14 hands down.

Overall, which bike do I like better? I like the ZX14 better. But thats because my liter-bike style riding days are behind me. One thing I love about the Busa, is everyone know what a Busa is, young, old, male or female recognize the new Busa. Its a legend among bikes and get recognized by everyone. The ZX14 turns heads too, but not like the Busa, everyone is breaking necks to see the "New" Busa. I wouldn't trade either bike for the world, but everyone has to have a preference.

This post is just me being completely honest, one rider to others. You can flame me or whatever, but we all know, that owning a Busa or a ZX14 wouldn't be as fun if there were no competition.

Confort... if i want confort i still have the FJR, why a confortable bike? In the FJR i ride 800 Km a time and stop once for half an hour and a cold beer in the end i was thinking...but i have ride a bike or a car? Now i ride the same distance stop two or three times, drink a few cold beers and a snack until the butt stops hurting and ride again for more riding pleasure
cool.gif

This is a very interesting thread. Good job of discussion without flames, guys
beerchug.gif

Back