08 Toggle Switches

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Really the 08 Busa has a 3 level (A-B-C) mode power switch. So, in reality will anyone use them
rock.gif
. For me, I would just put it in C Mode (GO MODE) and leave it alone. Unless you can switch to other modes while 75 mph cruising and get better gas mileage.

So, when would you use the switches ! For me, my right hand would be the switch as far as I can tell. Remembering the 08 ONLY has about 10 more hp and I have absolutely no power control problems now !!

only 10 more hp? I thought they said it was estimated to have at least 175 to the wheel...
lurk.gif

Personally I don't see the use of it but that's just me. When It rains I Reign in my throttle hand, when it's dry I....Don't!
laugh.gif

Kinda like the millions of people out there trolling around the planet in there 4x4 SUV's that will never see dirt! It isn't about Logic it's about percieved necessity where none truly exists.
beerchug.gif

If the A-B-C mode switches are like that on my K7 GSXR, the normal or full power mode is the "A" position. C gives the least power. Whatever mode you select, it will always default back to A after the bike has been turned off and then restarted.

(CCbusa05 @ Jul. 19 2007,12:23) If the A-B-C mode switches are like that on my K7 GSXR, the normal or full power mode is the "A" position. C gives the least power. Whatever mode you select, it will always default back to A after the bike has been turned off and then restarted.
So
rock.gif
, how do YOU use the A-B-C modes, or do you
wink.gif
!

COME ON NOW, be Honest  
jump9.gif

Also, what happens if you switch them up and down during acceleration and decelleration. I really can't figure out what you would use them for in the Street World
rock.gif

i think it would be nice to not creep up the mph so quick when im just cruising around town so if im not meaning to speed im not doing it as easily but about riding in the rain my usually ballsy turns into the biggest wuss but i would like to see how it affects the gas mileage though because that would be cool to get the mpg of a 600 and the performance of a 1300 at the click of the thumb

DaCal, it probably is more gimmick than function. I've read it's for cornering so you don't kick the azz out coming off the corner. Like you said, that's rider control.

Here's a great use for the 3 modes. The wife--"Hey babe, can i use the Busa?" Sure honey, "Mode C"

Then she promptly shifts it to A mode around the corner.
firedevil.gif

my question is if you get the bike tuned will they have to tune all three levels? so why couldnt you have one for cruise one for all out and one for squeeze? or in a turbo bike three differant boost levels?

Back