1000 miles (or so...)/per week

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, indeed, it's true.

I clicked over 18,000 miles on my Gen2 while out riding with Yash and Trevor, today.

I'm averaging a thousand miles per week.

Kinda sick...and I hope I never recover.

laugh.gif

This pic taken yesterday on Palomar Mountain while I was riding with Lamb and Mark.

Be safe, ya'llz.

Saturday__12JUL08.jpg

do you work?
laugh.gif

Sadly, enough...yes, I do. Monday-Friday, 8-4:30. 20 miles to work, so 40 miles/day commuting.

But, as an example, we rode 425 miles in 12 hours yesterday, and over 300 on Saturday, so they add up pretty fast; even though they're predominantly mountain twisties.

Additionally, I got a new set of Road 2s put on Friday, so the weekend was especially fun.

Good on you! I did 849.8 this weekend and as soon as my wrist feels up to it I'll be itching again. Must be time for a throttlemiester!  
cool.gif

1k/week, holy crap!
thumb_up.gif

I just need to get off this freakin Island

Good on you! I did 849.8 this weekend and as soon as my wrist feels up to it I'll be itching again. Must be time for a throttlemiester!  
cool.gif

1k/week, holy crap!  
thumb_up.gif

Well, if you attach some wings to that bad-boy and get a good running start, you might be able to get off that island... If you get a nice tail-wind, you can touch down in Kitty Hawk and make it even more historic (for flight) than ever!

850 miles in a weekend...on an island...VERY respectable.

I love it when I start logging that kind of seat time and then go use my cage again. Seams like pilotting a big lazy boy
cool.gif
1000 a week is awesome man I have never logged that much distance in that kind of time span
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

1k/week, holy crap!  
thumb_up.gif

Well, if you attach some wings to that bad-boy and get a good running start, you might be able to get off that island...  If you get a nice tail-wind, you can touch down in Kitty Hawk and make it even more historic (for flight) than ever!

Not all on the island, only about 100 or so to get to bridge and then back home.
thumb_up.gif
Worst part of any road trip for me is getting around NYC.
banghead.gif

thumb_up.gif

cool.gif

1k/week, holy crap!  
thumb_up.gif

Well, if you attach some wings to that bad-boy and get a good running start, you might be able to get off that island...  If you get a nice tail-wind, you can touch down in Kitty Hawk and make it even more historic (for flight) than ever!

Not all on the island, only about 100 or so to get to bridge and then back home.  
thumb_up.gif
Worst part of any road trip for me is getting around NYC.  
banghead.gif
I can only imagine your frustration.

I used to be a long-distance freeway only kinda guy, but then discovered the joy of the canyons...now it kills me to get up the slab to the first exit toward the 'grooves'.

I'm good for scenic multi-day tours, but unless I'm in the mood for it, it's just a struggle...and I hate 'spending' my tires that way.  

winkold.gif

In all, you did an awesome job at 850 considering your circumstances.

clap.gif

hello.gif

thumb_up.gif

tounge.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

kickass.gif

super.gif

goodboy.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I might have done that a couple of times when I was in my 20's. Now I'm looking for an easy chair and a celebrex after 200 miles. Serious mileage!

Back