$120,000 MV Augusta F4cc

steelhead

Registered
F4CC_01.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>This quote is taken directly from the MV Augusta website, nuff said.</span>

The figures for the new MV speak for themselves: 315 kph (195 mph) top speed (auto-limited by tire specification). Unique in its genre, sculptured by his friend Massimo Tamburini, made with luxurious design and high components hidden in the MV closet, right in that corner where the embryo start to develop: the MV AGUSTA racing department. This model however will never see a race track in earnest due to the size of its engine. What is important is the uniqueness of the F4CC project and the name that it carries. It doesn’t matter if the ignition keys are never turned in the lock, if the bike rests on a stand in someone’s home or if it only does the occasional mile or two to “give it a runâ€. What does matter for a true enthusiast is to possess just one of the 100 models made and treat it as if it were a priceless painting worth millions. This was part of Claudio Castiglioni’s dream. This is why the F4CC will be presented in “an evening dress†A specially boxed certificate of origin will make the delivery of each machine something very special - more a ceremony. Each machine will have a platinum plate at the top of the steering column bearing the model number from 1 – 100. The F4CC titanium exhausts and engine management unit together have the task of taming the power of the 1078 cc engine yet making it “sing†even sweeter when unleashing all of its 200 CV. The F4CC doesn’t just want to entice with its looks - it wants to out-perform everything else. It wants to leave everyone stunned – for once and for all.

In addition to what the components in full view let us sense, the F4CC in its elegant black dress underlines the elegance and sophistication of a beautiful woman in a “little black numberâ€.

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/07_F4_CC.html

I love the part about..."it doesn't matter if the ignition keys are never turned in the lock" (quote).  I mean, here you have a "beautiful woman in a little black number" (quote), and you're not going to ... ride her? You're just going to...stare?

With the Busa...
I can't just look at the Hayabusa, I just can't. I go back for second helpings after a long ride...and I'm still hungry for more.

wow.gif

I ran across this a while ago, after finding out my next assignment might be in Germany (also my last assignment before retirement). I began looking at Duc's, BMW's, Aprilia and then MV's. When I seen the ad for the F4CC I about stained my boxers. But, if the means were there, not only would I buy one, I'd ride it...even try the Nurburgring
smile.gif
Yeah I'm sick like that, but it would be one of those stories that would be shared among grandchildren "hey did you know Granpa had a 2007 MV F4CC? He actually raced it around the Nurburgring in Germany one time too!" Of course it would probably be followed with "and he's is the only one out of the 100 made to total it!" Sweet machine though.

A couple of years ago when I was looking at buying an MV, a contractor in Kansas City had bought one the week before to just put in the front of his Office so people could look  
SHOCKED.gif
at it. Infact, I was told that a Professor (Art) at the local University had one just sitting in his Living Room as an Art Object .

Strange
wink.gif
, must be something in the water  
all_coholic.gif
in KC
laugh.gif

I have never seen on in person, but they must be something special.

I'm not seeing it in these pics.

None the less it is a great bike.

If you had money to burn then why the hell not? I've seen 1 MV in person once and yes it was all that
beerchug.gif

very expensive and not matching value of that money , Busa forever !
beerchug.gif

Anyone remember when Calvin Klien and Hilfiger jeans were $200 jsut because there was a brand name sewn down the side of the leg? smells like the same thing to me here. I'm sure it's a very good bike and yeah, I'd take one, but it still doesn't impress me more than any other very good bike. And the whole part about sitting in some one's living room... TO ME, it is not THAT artistic. It does nothing new. Wheels, fairing, seat, tank, etc... all look like any other bike to me

Now, someone mentioned stories for grandkids... I would almost guarentee that kids remember the name "Hayabusa" over another numbered bike name. I bet they would be more impressed with "Grandpa rode the world's FASTEST bike" over the world's most expensive door stop - depending on the values they were raised with, of course.

PROTOTYPES are artistic. This is just another overpriced bike

$.02

You guys can not appreciate Fine Bikes when you have a ZILLION Dollars  
SHOCKED.gif
and NOTHING else to spend it on. Why do you think the Confederate Motorcycles (starting at $69,000, are uncomfortable, HOT  
firedevil.gif
, and unbearablely LOUD  
sad.gif
  and breaK down immediately) sell so well
laugh.gif

Back