$120,000 MV Augusta F4cc

So many bike, so little money.... Guess we're gonna keep the Busa...
smile.gif

(WWJD @ Dec. 13 2006,23:34) Anyone remember when Calvin Klien and Hilfiger jeans were $200 jsut because there was a brand name sewn down the side of the leg?  smells like the same thing to me here.  I'm sure it's a very good bike and yeah, I'd take one, but it still doesn't impress me more than any other very good bike.  And the whole part about sitting in some one's living room...   TO ME, it is not THAT artistic.  It does nothing new.  Wheels, fairing, seat, tank, etc... all look like any other bike to me

Now, someone mentioned stories for grandkids...  I would almost guarentee that kids remember the name "Hayabusa" over another numbered bike name.  I bet they would be more impressed with "Grandpa rode the world's FASTEST bike" over the world's most expensive door stop - depending on the values they were raised with, of course.

PROTOTYPES are artistic.  This is just another overpriced bike

$.02
If I remember right the first MV F4 wound up in the Guggenheim exhibit for motorcycles. It is strictly Italian art. If I could I'd have one.

The Hayabusa was also in the Guggenheim Exhibit, too.
Difference is, ... the Hayabusa doesn't need to be called art in order to be there. It defined itself from 1999-2006 without the need to be exclusive artsy.

Best part is this. After 10500 miles, I was finally experiencing some issues on the bike. Changed the spark plugs, changed the oil and filter, lubed the chain, adjusted some cables, and that was it. $100. Now it runs perfect.

beerchug.gif

See them all the time since FbF is nearby, and I've test-ridden the 750.

Beautiful bike (red and silver), and unmatched quality. But at $21K for the 1000, I'd rather have the 999 or the 1098 for $15K.

And while it's a beautiful bike, for me, I'd rather have the Busa for $11K than any of them.

Back