A Challenge Are You Faster?

Easy there fast9r,
First of all how stock is your 9r? Is is setup for dragstrip only?,is it highly modified?, or is it your daily rider? No disrespect to your bike or you in any way shape or form here,just my thoughts, but How do you know for a positive fact beyond all possible doubt, that your 9r will kill his zx11?All jamie wants to see is how fast his bike is against another big bore bike on the top end.You never know His bike might just be "THE" Heat!!Hell, he might be able to give you a run for the money in the quarter(although he doesn't sound interested in that aspect).Then again, he might be talking smack, who knows.The best thing to do would be to find someone on the board that lives near jamie, go for a run with this guy, and let us all know what the REAL story is.If he's a sham then we'll all know, but if his poop is for real then a few people might want to cut him a little slack.I like most all bikes so i'm not taking sides here, i have a 98 gixxer 750 myself that has 128.6 hp at the rear and runs pretty darn good.I myself have given a few 9r's a good run for the money."Hiabuser" will vouch for me on this one.So all i'm saying is before you make a claim that a 9r will kill a zx11,you might want to find out what the dude is all about before you jump down his throat, you might be surprised.

Per-leeze Jamie. What can I say, Fact: the Hayabusa will beat your bike in stock trim for top speed. Even if you think your rear sprocket will make all the difference, what if you put the same sprocket on the Hayabusa? The Hayabusa is the latest and fastest and that's that. And what is absolutely certain is that if there are any corners involved you'll be in trouble. The Kawasaki feels like a bus compared to the busa when it comes to handling.
A friend of mine has a Blackbird with a Yoshi full race system on which makes 158bhp at the back wheel now. I'm damned sure that'll beat your Z1100, too. And when you buy a ZX12R next year, you'll almost certainly be able to post similar messages to Hayabusa owners. It is the way of the world.

By the way, where is Jamie? I guess he gave us a little hit and run.... don't want to make good on your challenge? I'm coming 2000 plus miles, I would think you could come the remaining 500 or so.

DC, 158 rwhp Blackbird....wow! That is strong. Is the pipe the only mod?

Kevin

Gixer, you have a gsxr750 with 128 at the wheel? what mods. I have a 94 1100 that makes 123 in all stock form. 49 state model at that and a good runnning one from what most have told me. Has run 10.48@130.83 in the quarter down in Pomona, CA.

gsxr1117, i've got a 1991 gsxr 750 with a 1216 cc motor in it. it exceeds 150 rwhp. haven't stretched it and i don't do burnouts. it hasn't been lowered either. i like my turns. but, it has been 10:30 @ 138 mph in the 1/4 with a 1.73 short time. this is fighting the front wheel through three gears. after all, my bike has a 55" wheel base. not to mention the carbon fiber fairings and fenders and the magnesium wheels. kinda makes for a light front end. as far as gixerbike1 goes, i'm sure he'll reply for you but i couldn't resist answering. he has a 98 gsxr 750 that is fuel injected. he put a yosh duplex exhaust, remapped the fuel injection with the yosh box, and a k & n filter. i was there when the dyno showed 128.6 rwhp on the dyno. dynojet 150 model by the way. one night, we all went for a big ride and he slowly went by a new (stock) 99 zx9r and a 95 gsxr 1100 that had a pipe only. they were in the mid triple digits and all were going all out. he just slowly went by the. of course, i was on my hayabusa at the time and was playing with a gsxr 1100 that was highly modified to 160 rwhp and was leaving him in the distance fairly easily. he is a good friend of mine. unfortunatey, he (the 1100) had an unfortunate crash later that night and his beautiful gixxer is toast now. but hey, he's doing good. had to have surgery on his knee but that's pretty much all. have fun and good luck with your mods.
mike

mike, thanks for the quick response and info. sounds like you have a fun machine on your hands in the 1216 machine and your busa!! has GSXR ever ran his 750 through the quarter?

gsxr, yes he has run it in the quarter. once. he's (admittadely) not a drag racer. has a hard time with the launches due to lack of practice. (not to mention he's a little paranoid of hurting the clutches and blowing his warranty) anway, he actually joined the 10 second club! he was tickled to death with his performance. as was i. for someone with very limited drag racing experience, he did really well. not to mention that it was like 89 degrees and humid as hell. he went something like 10.90 or so at 128 or so mph. i don't remember specifics. but it did run really well. and still does. he likes his corners too much to spend much time at the drag strip. anyway, have fun and see ya later.
mike
p.s. check out my posting of my new yosh full system if your interested.

mr stodard, i think i know you , i ride a black and silver busa. did i see you at hess on your r6.if this is you e-mail me we want to go to the valley .more the merrior.

Back