ABS LIGHT STAYS ON after rear tire change.

Giovanny

Registered
My Busa was 100% fine , i take it to mechanic to get rear tire change, as i am taking off from mechanic the ABS light stays on? Any idea what it can be that they did wrong? before i take it back. Was wondering if its something i can easily fix?

My Busa was 100% fine , i take it to mechanic to get rear tire change, as i am taking off from mechanic the ABS light stays on? Any idea what it can be that they did wrong? before i take it back. Was wondering if its something i can easily fix?
Check that they tightened the sensor back up, if by chance they didn't pay attention and tried to pull the tire and broke the sensor is the only other thing I could think of. Is it staying on continously??

Check that they tightened the sensor back up, if by chance they didn't pay attention and tried to pull the tire and broke the sensor is the only other thing I could think of. Is it staying on continously??
yeah it stays on continuosly

Yep, it’s gonna be a loose or damaged abs sensor.
When I remove and refit wheels I ALWAYS remove the sensor to avoid damage.
I ALWAYS refit the sensor, and ALWAYS test ride the bike to be sure all is well before handing the bike back to the owner.
Standard practice as I was taught.

Guys I think I found problem , stupid mechanic Broke my spacer on sensor , and left the magnet out enough not to read and now I put it back together perfectly hot it’s suppose to be , hopefully now when I run it few miles it will detect everything ok. 1sec I’ll post pictures

Here is a before picture you can see how it was cracked and spacer was not put on correctly , then I squeezed it back together where it suppose to go and tightened it how it suppose to go and now magnet sits perfectly close to wheel thing. Now to ride it off hopefully light goes off.

2BCC3F84-8725-4353-AEA0-A4623FAF92BF.jpeg

5A96BFE1-A107-48CE-8E4E-FBDF49865B59.jpeg

You shouldn’t have touched it before showing it to the idiot who cracked it.
i would have gone back but i live like 45 mins away from mechanic, i think now i am going to just go to the Suzuki dealer near by pay extra just to make sure professionals work on it instead of random motorcycle shop.

i would have gone back but i live like 45 mins away from mechanic, i think now i am going to just go to the Suzuki dealer near by pay extra just to make sure professionals work on it instead of random motorcycle shop.
Just remember a lot of the guys working at the dealers aren't making much on don't tires either so it's not a guarantee that the work will be much better. Anything you can do yourself is the best route to go or find u a buddy that works on bikes in his spare time, usually can get them to do the work for around half the labor cost and get the piece of mind knowing it was done right.

I would definitely take it back to show them ,they should pay for the sensor as I bet it's not cheap

Yep, it’s gonna be a loose or damaged abs sensor.
When I remove and refit wheels I ALWAYS remove the sensor to avoid damage.
I ALWAYS refit the sensor, and ALWAYS test ride the bike to be sure all is well before handing the bike back to the owner.
Standard practice as I was taught.
Test ride...what a novel idea... :laugh: or how 'bout... not break the shi7 in the first place. Did the "tech" have his head turned away when he over cranked that bolt? Did he not feel it/hear it? The allen looks a little rounded too,and maybe had vice grips applied too. IDK,
Rubb.

Go back and see the owner of the shop, tell him you consulted with the oRg members (us) and we are letting it be known around the world that his shop is NOT the place to have any work done on bikes.
Unless of course he apologises and compensates you appropriately, and gives that bozo that did the damage a written warning.
At my shop, if any damage is done by negligence or by accident, it’s explained to the customer and rectified BEFORE handing the bike back... we cannot afford to have a bad reputation and business drying up.
My 2 cents.

Test ride...what a novel idea... :laugh: or how 'bout... not break the shi7 in the first place. Did the "tech" have his head turned away when he over cranked that bolt? Did he not feel it/hear it? The allen looks a little rounded too,and maybe had vice grips applied too. IDK,
Rubb.
My guess (and I'm guilty of this) is he used a small cordless impact or cordless ratchet when he reinstalled it and let it go till it stopped. Definitely negligence on his part, @Giovanny at bare minimum I would do as suggested and at least make the shop pay for a new sensor, with it cracked that way it could loosen itself and cause the abs to not work in a situation that your needing or expecting it to. Thing that would worry me now is wondering if the rear axle was properly torqued or if possibly the inner space was left out. I missed the spacer on my own bike because of taking the tire off and having a dealer swap the tire for me, I took it to them with the sprocket on and they put it back on without the spacer and me being in a hurry never checked it before reinstalling the tire and cost myself a lot more then needed. Like you said don't let that shop work on it no more but at least make them liable for the sensor and maybe something for the labor if your gonna have someone besides yourself install it. If you have any friends you ride with or go to any bike nights might be worth finding someone that's recommended to do your tires and stuff that your not comfortable with.

As @Dopey mentioned,perhaps find a good highly recommend tech.
Ask these questions if getting anybody to do the work:
Was the wheel balanced?
Was a new valve stem installed?
What was my tire pressure set to?
Chain adjusted correctly?
Chain/sprockets worn?
What are the condition of my wheel bearings?
What is the condition of my cush drive?
How much brake pad do I have left?

The shop should also warn that new tires are slippery until "scuffed in."
Rubb.

Back