advise

definately do the work yourself, nothing more than a couple of bolts and a rear bike stand if you know someone that has one or buy one yourself, well worth the money!!
super.gif

scratch that last post about the bike stand, I meant to say someone with a bike jack, you will need to take the fairings off and lift the bike with the bike jack off of the header so that you can lower the swingarm to take the old dogbones off and put the new ones on or you can do it the really cheap way by taking a couple of ratchet straps and find a header in the garage or overhead beam that you can strap to and connect those straps to either the rear foot pegs or take the tank off and connect to the crossover beam on the frame. Either will work! Good luck!

6330345872608327392.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the input, looks like soupy's link are the way to go, Thanks again.

(burnschevy @ Jan. 15 2007,13:17) Just wanted to say thanks for all of the input, looks like soupy's link are the way to go, Thanks again.
Good choice. We'll need some pics too... during the process is always nice! Good luck.

There's another way to perform the lowering job. Put the bike on the kickstand, remove the hump, have 1 or 2 guys hold onto the crossbar that the hump latch is connected to. When you have the dogbone nuts removed, have the guys lift up slightly to remove the weight off the bolts and then swap out dogbones. Most of the weight of the bike is on the kickstand. I can support the whole rearend myself, though i'm kinda bigger than your average bear.
biggrin.gif
This is another good reason to buy a set of aftermarket rearsets with solid mount pegs. As you can use them to hold the bike up when doing the dogbones.

Back